Remaining running backs in free agency

TigerJ

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

I'm taking Hyde and drafting a back. Even as high as RD2. Either way, I want a vet in the room. Especially with how we saw Gore fade down the stretch... never a bad option to have depth at the position.

I’m with you on this one for sure. Motor, Hyde, rookie and Jones. Add in Yeldon for possible injuries during camp or preseason and I’m good with that stable of backs. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nester said:

Is Kenyan Drake still available?.

I think they transition tagged him but not sure how that works now with a new CBA

I think we can offer him a contract and arizona has to try and match that offer or make a better one. I don’t want Drake though. Runs to hot and cold

51 minutes ago, nato7412 said:

Bring back Shady. Im also happy with Yeldon, he's a great pass catcher.

I think shady’s done, plus he got a ring. If I was him I would retire

7 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

How about Chris Thompson? Draft someone and cut Yeldon. 

He’s an interesting guy but not quite the change of pace I think we need. I think you would still need more of a complimentary back to Singletary. But Thompson could certainly find a place on this team if he were replacing Yeldon. 

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

“Bell cow” running backs are antiquated thinking and i have faith they don’t want a repeat of 2019, where as soon as he leaves the game, we have a useless, one dimensional running back out there.  

They clearly don’t trust Yeldon, otherwise he would’ve played more over Gore.   

If I were Buffalo, I’m signing Hyde or Miller and drafting a RB for our active roster.  

Singletary

Hyde or Miller

Draft Pick

Idk . I think they roll with Motor, Yeldon, Rookie , Wade,Taiwan , Dimarco and UDFA rookie in TC..

Two UDFA rookies started in the SB.  Motor was a 3rd rounder that was productive from day 1 . Can get great value on RB in the draft. I don't see a need to pay Hyde or Miller if they draft a RB early on

Sign Hyde, draft Evans in the 3rd.

Singletary 

Evans

Hyde 

Jones

Just now, JerseyBills said:

Idk . I think they roll with Motor, Yeldon, Rookie , Wade,Taiwan , Dimarco and UDFA rookie in TC..

Two UDFA rookies started in the SB.  Motor was a 3rd rounder that was productive from day 1 . Can get great value on RB in the draft. I don't see a need to pay Hyde or Miller if they draft a RB early on

Hyde or Miller will be a modest contract anyways.

I see Singletary as the main guy, Evans the home run threat (and much more) and Hyde as the short yardage pounder.

There, I solved it all. ?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I like Hyde. 1k rusher that would be a good compliment to Motor.

I'd draft one as well. 

Absolutely.

Hyde would be an outstanding addition to Singletary. Then draft another.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

How about Chris Thompson? Draft someone and cut Yeldon. 

Someone in that mold is exactly what I’m looking for in a vet RB. He’s not the complementary runner we need for Singletary but we can address that in the draft. Thompson can be our 3rd down guy. 

We need to get a game break er type guy.  That will limit what the opposing defenses can do to cause disruptions. If they don't cover their gaps and zones on defense, we need a guy who can make them pay by getting big chunks or going to the house.  It makes the defenses more predictable, and will help Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

We need to get a game break er type guy.  That will limit what the opposing defenses can do to cause disruptions. If they don't cover their gaps and zones on defense, we need a guy who can make them pay by getting big chunks or going to the house.  It makes the defenses more predictable, and will help Allen.

Yes. A dynamic RB who can not only run the ball in our gap scheme, but also be a threat catching it is what I want   

Give me Lamar Miller.  He's a good cutback RB, and as of 2018 still had decent long speed.

He tore his ACL last season, so there might be a hold up with needing to check his knee, but he's my vote for best bang for your buck.  

I think Lamar Miller, might be looking for $6M/yr., but with the dust settling on the RB market I believe he'll be be signed for $3.5-$4.5M/year.

I'd be down for a 2 yr - $7M deal with maybe some upside incentives that could push it to the $9M range.