Ebron to the Steelers

1 minute ago, BigBillsFan said:

Knox's drops are not to be trusted.

I said "helped" carry a game. He's a dependable outlet to a young QB on a rookie contract. Knox is unknown and certainly not dependable at this minute.

True you did say "help."  But like I said, Knox dropped a pass every 2-3 games on average.  It doesn't make him undependable and Josh will still look to him if he's open.  But he's got other outlets like Beasley, Singletary and now I'd say Diggs.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Outside of that one really good season, he's been an average (what you would call "solid") TE, and really, a disappointment for where he was drafted.  And even during that season he had an 8.2% drop rate.  If you were to take the number of targets he had divided by the number of targets for Knox and multiply that by Knox's receptions and yards, they'd come out similar, except for TD's.  And even last year, on the same number of targets, their numbers were similar.  I don't see the point in adding him and stunting his or Sweeney's growth. 

WTF?  "Balls!", said the Queen "had I two I'd be King".

So let's see, if add 10, carry the one, divide by the circumference and subtract pi (to 5 significant figures).....you get Knox's 28 catches equal in productivity to Ebron's 66 (minus the TDs, of course--who needs those!!).

More typical pretzel logic as usual.  It's very simple:  Ebron walks through the door tomorrow, not only is he, by far, the best TE on the team...he would be one of the best this franchise has had, with their legacy of neglect or outright abuse of the position.

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

WTF?  "Balls!", said the Queen "had I two I'd be King".

So let's see, if add 10, carry the one, divide by the circumference and subtract pi (to 5 significant figures).....you get Knox's 28 catches equal in productivity to Ebron's 66 (minus the TDs, of course--who needs those!!).

More typical pretzel logic as usual.  It's very simple:  Ebron walks through the door tomorrow, not only is he, by far, the best TE on the team...he would be one of the best this franchise has had, with their legacy of neglect or outright abuse of the position.

Nice feint, WEO.  It's simple math and a simple concept for most: more targets means more chances to catch the ball.  But I threw an easy one in there for you: comparing their almost identical targets last year (when, you know, Knox was a rookie and Ebron a 6th year vet) and how they had similar stats.

And again, I'm willing to take a chance and let "one of the best this franchise has had" go so that we can see what Knox, Sweeney and even Kroft can do.  If they can't, look to get a better player than Ebron next year.

Edited by Doc

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Not starters at RT or TE?

Why?

Well, the guy you’re shouting for had 375 yards last year. How is that an upgrade?

Secondly, anyone who follows football know receivers, particularly TE’s, take time to adjust to the NFL. 

Of course, NONE of this takes into account that FA is not over and the draft is in three weeks. Perhaps let the guys who have taken us to the playoffs in two out of the last three years decide what’s best?

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Somehow the Steelers did this with negative cap space.

They’re just mortgaging their future trying to win while they still have Rapistberger.  That team is going to look very different by 2022. 

8 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

They’re just mortgaging their future trying to win while they still have Rapistberger.  That team is going to look very different by 2022. 

they have actually been doing this for many years. I think they just constantly are restructuring deals to barely sneak by. It’s like living paycheck to paycheck with a huge mortgage. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

they have actually been doing this for many years. I think they just constantly are restructuring deals to barely sneak by. It’s like living paycheck to paycheck with a huge mortgage. 

Yup. They sure have.  But now they’re really pushing that envelope more than I have seen before.

7 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Yup. They sure have.  But now they’re really pushing that envelope more than I have seen before.

i agree. I don’t understand how they’ve been able to do it. If you read articles going back to like 2010, they do this almost every year. But you are right— it seems like it is at a breaking point. When Ben R retires, they can’t push his salary off anymore and will have to pay the piper. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Well KC for one.... the team that just won the Super Bowl is loaded and has depth at the skills position.

The Bills now have the talent and depth at their skill positions to rival the Chefs.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Nice feint, WEO.  It's simple math and a simple concept for most: more targets means more chances to catch the ball.  But I threw an easy one in there for you: comparing their almost identical targets last year (when, you know, Knox was a rookie and Ebron a 6th year vet) and how they had similar stats.

Despite  puddle thin depth at receiver, Allen (Daboll?) would not throw to Knox.  Wonder why.

But if now you are down to equating Knox's 15 game output (or targets) to Ebron's 11 games played...well you don't need to wreck your arguments anymore, do you

10 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Despite  puddle thin depth at receiver, Allen (Daboll?) would not throw to Knox.  Wonder why.

But if now you are down to equating Knox's 15 game output (or targets) to Ebron's 11 games played...well you don't need to wreck your arguments anymore, do you

And you do know why Allen didn't throw to Knox much?  LOL!

Again WEO, it's a simple concept, even for you: targets.  Allen threw less to Knox because he had Brown and Beasley.  Brissett had TY Hilton for 10 games and little else.

23 hours ago, DJB said:

Magic how this account is always a few minutes slow. 

They know nothing. 

I would have given Ebron that $$ and cut Kroft and "False start"

Are you thinking of Lee Smith?

Lee 'Drive Killer' Smith had 8 penalties, 5 were false starts, 3 were holds.

Kroft had 3 penalties - 3 false starts.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties-player.html?yr=2019&tm=4

It's aok not to like a player, and I would have been fine swapping Lee or Kroft with Ebron, but adding Lee Smith's penalties to any other player is really unfair!

10 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

He’s had one good season in his career 6 years i believe and everyone is on his jock.. No thanks 

big red zone target

3 hours ago, Doc said:

And you do know why Allen didn't throw to Knox much?  LOL!

Again WEO, it's a simple concept, even for you: targets.  Allen threw less to Knox because he had Brown and Beasley.  Brissett had TY Hilton for 10 games and little else.

lol doc, you were the one who decided that it would be persuasive to compare Knox's 50 targets over 15 games to Ebrons 52 over 11.

Brissett had "little else"?  Jack Doyle had more targets (and catches and yards and TDs) than Knox.  Zach Pascal had more targets (and catches and yards and TDs) than Knox.  The Colts backup RB had more targets and catches than Knox.  What's that you're saying?

And Allen "had Brown and Beasley",. so he didn't need to throw to Knox?  The Brown/Beaslkey/(and Knox) combo was so underwhelming that the Bills just spent 48 million and multiple draft picks including next month's 1st round so they would NOT have to roll out Brown/Beasley/Knox.