Ebron to the Steelers

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

?

Magic how this account is always a few minutes slow. 

They know nothing. 

I would have given Ebron that $$ and cut Kroft and "False start"

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, WMDman said:

yeah I have a feeling Big Ben wont be the same this year...

He wasn't the same last year, BEFORE he destroyed his arm. He looked pathetic in his brief few quarters

IMO people talking about this guy like he'll be capable of anything are purely leaning on his name

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Wasn’t expecting much at TE.... they seem fine with the lackluster crew they got now.

Love the Diggs trade, but really hope they do more..... 

Ebron for 2/12 million should have been a chip shot.  Instead:   "let's see what (6 year veteran) Kroft's got".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My favorite tight end out there is Nick Vannett. He can block, he’s huge, and he has some pass catching skills. I think there is some potential still there as a former third rounder. 

8 minutes ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Why doesn't Beane uprgrade TE and OL this off season? I can't understand (

All he would be doing is upgrading depth. He isn’t looking for starters at those positions.

So maybe he brings in a Greg Van Roten or a Nick Vannett, but those guys would be coming in to compete. There are no upgrades to our starters at those positions out there in my opinion. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

39 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Pittsburgh just traded for Womley too.

Big Ben redid his contract to free up money.

He has a 41 million cap hit next year.

Pitt is all in with Ben for 1 more year!

Pittsburgh has restructured multiple contracts in the last week or so - it's what they do to keep the band together. Been doing it for years. They never really replaced Jesse James so I guess this is the answer for them. Ben has recently said his arm feels better now that he's started throwing again than it has for the last few years, but we'll see how it goes in the fall. I think they will be in the mix for a playoff spot but I don't think they will get the first or second seed in the playoffs in 2020.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not starters at RT or TE?

Why?

I just think they believe in Ford and Knox. I think those guys are their starters and if anything they would look for competition. I think the Olsen thing was a special case and he would have replaced Kroft. They believe in their draft picks, which they should. 

15 minutes ago, Artem Lipatov said:

There were Bulaga, Conklin and so on at OL this free agency

Ebron is upgrage of Kroft, isn't he?

I suppose they could have pursued those guys, and maybe they did. Those guys are clearly better than Ford right now, but i just don’t think it ever makes sense to dump a boatload of cash into the RT position. Its debatable whether or not any guys left on the market are better than Ford. 

On the tight end situation, it really depends on what you are looking for. If you want a complete in line tight end who can do a lot of things Kroft is better. If you want a receiving tight end who is an athletic freak, then Ebron is better. For what we do offensively and the fact that we have Knox, Kroft is better in my opinion. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Why doesn't Beane uprgrade TE and OL this off season? I can't understand (

Did you really wanna see us overpay for someone like the jets did with George Fant? I see us addressing offense in the draft

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I guess... Knox has potential but Jesus Christ, dude had a 20% drop rate. That’s ridiculous to rely on him as a starter.

I hear that. I just think Knox is super raw as a receiver and blocker, but he definitely has upside. He needs a strong offseason (current status in the world isn’t helping) but I think his drops were mostly a kid trying to do too much and being amped up. He tried to turn and run with the ball way too often. 

Knox was a high school quarterback who was hurt his senior year and sat out. Then walked on at Ole Miss, redshirted and only played in 18 college games. He is a true work in progress. He needs to take a big step up and find consistency, but I do think he is already better than a good number of tight ends in the league. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1