Melvin Gordon to Broncos

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I mean... hypothetically If it is true, this is some *****... 

guy tanks his value by holding out because the Chargers refuse to pay him what the whole world knows he isn’t worth, then he plays like garbage for them when he comes back, they don’t want him, he then chooses less money so he can “stick it to them” twice a year.... 

super strange flex..

He's hardly the only player to have issues with the way the Chargers treat their players.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

It was reported that it was close. But thinking about it now I think he wanted to stay in the AFC west 

Im thinking it was a leverage play. Singletary is our guy for the next few years the Bills will need a QB who is ok being second fiddle and I never saw Gordon having that mentality

11 minutes ago, 947 said:

Totally agree on Taylor & Dobbins, they're both much better than Melvin Gordon & can be had in the 2nd round. I like Clyde, but he's too much like Singletary to a be complimentary back to him.

I know, but I REALLY like Clyde's attitude, talent, and running style. Joe Burrow said he was the best player on LSU.

• Like (+1) 1

So, maybe, at the very least we can see where the Bills head is at. Maybe it's like Olsen where it was more a viable option due to availability not necessity. Would have been awesome to add a talent like Gordon, sure, but there are plenty of options.

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

It's probably the top need, but I guess the Bills will go BPA with the top pick regardless of position.

I don’t think they will draft for need. But if they did it is CB2 imo in the 2nd. Much easier to find a decent RB2 later in the draft or out of the remaining guys in FA

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

The Frank Gore replacement should come in the draft or a cheap deal on a RB like a Hyde. 

I will never understand the Carlos Hyde fascination this place has.  What makes so many here pine for a 30 year old journeyman RB who was just released in favor of Shady McCoy?

I wanted Gordon but I’m firmly in the “stop paying running backs big money” camp, so this certainly would have been a catch 22 signing.  

Definitely did not see him getting a contract like that.  

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

but those healthy legs only take him about 3.4 yards at a time!  ?

YPC is about the least important stat that still gets heavily used.  In the last 4 seasons, Gordon has played in 53 games.  He has scored 47 TDs and averages 100 yards of offense per game.  He can block.  He can catch.  He can run.  He can get the tough yards.  Most importantly, he can score.  Unless you want to watch Josh continue to take hits in short yard situations, you need a guy who can do what Gordon does, because there’s currently nobody on the roster who can.

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

bummer. I was kind of hoping we were getting him.  Now maybe the draft is the best option?  Unless of course we trade for Derrick Henry.  :)

The draft was always the best option. No to Gordon. No to Gurley and no to Henry. Plenty of quality rbs who you can draft and have for 5 seasons. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The dudes over at the draft network have been absolutely awesome, especially in times like these, pumping out content!

I honestly like the fit for Gordon in Denver. PL is a very good back, but Gordon adds a different dynamic.

6 minutes ago, Billl said:

YPC is about the least important stat that still gets heavily used.  In the last 4 seasons, Gordon has played in 53 games.  He has scored 47 TDs and averages 100 yards of offense per game.  He can block.  He can catch.  He can run.  He can get the tough yards.  Most importantly, he can score.  Unless you want to watch Josh continue to take hits in short yard situations, you need a guy who can do what Gordon does, because there’s currently nobody on the roster who can.

I hear ya. But I have little doubt that you can get a guy like Gordon in the 5th or 6th round of the draft for a fraction of what the Broncos just paid for Gordon. 

I also want Singletary getting the majority of the carries. So, we are really looking for a complimentary, load-share RB more than anything.