Melvin Gordon to Broncos

24 minutes ago, Estro said:

Hyde's value is in the $3-$4M range, he'd be very lucky to ***** $6M at this point.

I see him getting maybe $3.5M on a 1 or 2 yr deal

He had more YPC and TD than all of the RB's who are already picked up and he and Freeman are the last of the Runners, I highly doubt he only gets a 200K raise with the numbers he put up. Maybe 4M with incentives for a year seems a bit more realistic. Freeman has not been good for awhile, I'd stay away from him completely. Most likely we'll be drafting one in the 3rd or 4th round if we don't land a veteran.

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It’s simply impossible to believe the Bills offered over $16m to a guy that will split carries with Singletary, who is possibly better at this point. And I really like Gordon. 

I agree, this is why I believe Schefter. Your telling me the Bills, after cutting McCoy, offered Gordon 8.5 or so a year to split carries. I highly doubt it. Sounds like the agent wasn’t getting as many bites as they thought he’d get, used the Bills as leverage to the Broncos to get them to give Gordon as much as possible.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It’s simply impossible to believe the Bills offered over $16m to a guy that will split carries with Singletary, who is possibly better at this point. And I really like Gordon. 

My point exactly. I believe they were interested. Hell I hope they were. But not at anywhere hear that price.

8 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

And yet Denver offered it when they have Lindsay there already. 

My guess would be there were talks. We probably implied we’d offer more with less guarantees or something. Agent gave that info to Klis. Beane told Schefter we never made an offer (probably was never an official contract sent to them but likely a verbal offer). 

Or it’s still possible the agent simply made it up to try to soften the blow that Gordon signed an underwhelming deal. 

I definitely don’t think it’s impossible that we offered around that much money to a guy we’ve been linked to for a year now. 

Edited by DCOrange

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

And yet Denver offered it when they have Lindsay there already. 

My guess would be there were talks. We probably implied we’d offer more with less guarantees or something. Agent gave that info to Klis. Beane told Schefter we never made an offer (probably was never an official contract sent to them but likely a verbal offer). 

Or it’s still possible the agent simply made it up to try to soften the blow that Gordon signed an underwhelming deal. 

I definitely don’t think it’s impossible that we offered around that much money to a guy we’ve been linked to for a year now. 

Beane took a call from Gordon’s agent.  That call was leveraged by the agent.  It’s an old and dirty tactic (and infamous for this agent specifically).  I can’t speak to the level of interest the Bills had because I just don’t know.  But two things are very true here...

#1 Pf411 or whatever there name is, is on the same playing field as Incarcerated Bob (It’s like a cupcake.  All fun, no substance and you feel gross afterwards).

#2 And if any Bills fan feels taken by the rumors, don’t feel bad at all.   So were the Broncos.  To the tune of 16M.

I shared this in jest before and it probably came across the wrong way, but there’s probably way more truth to it than even I realized when I jokingly sent it...

D Bilbo:  (dials phone). “Hey Brandon!  It’s Dem!  How would you like to sign the services of THE Melvin “Flash” Gordon? Only 12 mil a season!!!!”

Beane:  (yawns from being awakened before 5pm).  “How did you even get my number?” (Hangs up).

D Bilbo:  “Hello?  Brandon?  Is this a fake hang up?  It’s a fake hang up, isn’t it?”

D Bilbo:  (texts call log to 3rd party contacts)

D Bilbo:  (Dials phone).  “Hey John!  Did you hear the news?  Buffalo!  My client LOVES ponies though!  So how would you like the services of THE Melvin “Flash” Gordon?  Bills are in for 12 million a year!!!!”

Elway:  “Really?  That’s steep Dem.  mind if I conference in Beane to understand the guarantees?”

D Bilbo:  “Ugh, you’re breaking up, John...  I can do 8 mil though because let’s face it, it’s Buffalo!!!  Lowest I can go!  No need to waist your minutes!”

Edited by DFT

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting but the cold weather thing being brought up re: Buffalo as some kind of reason why he wasn’t interested is irrelevant. It snows in September in Denver 

I hate the Broncos, but Denver has great weather.

Bullet dodged.

Loads of good RBs in the draft at much less cost. It's not a wow class, but it is deep.

Lots of updated draft simulators I've been running are showing Taylor, Dobbins and Akers falling to Buffalo's pick because of depth at WR and other positions.

8 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Bullet dodged.

Loads of good RBs in the draft at much less cost. It's not a wow class, but it is deep.

Lots of updated draft simulators I've been running are showing Taylor, Dobbins and Akers falling to Buffalo's pick because of depth at WR and other positions.

Evans is definitely an intriguing prospect from round 3 and on, if they don't take a RB in round 2.

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Evans is definitely an intriguing prospect from round 3 and on, if they don't take a RB in round 2.

I'll have to look up Evans. I am a fan of AJ Dillon. Dillon reminds me of Jerome Bettis. Good compliment to Singletary.

Dillon is simulating in rounds 5-6, where Buffalo has 3 picks.

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

I'll have to look up Evans. I am a fan of AJ Dillon. Dillon reminds me of Jerome Bettis. Good compliment to Singletary.

Dillon is simulating in rounds 5-6, where Buffalo has 3 picks.

I watched App State games a lot in 2019 and Evans really stood out, but I didn't give it much thought about him being a pro because I thought the Bills were going to bring in a vet RB.

All that might have changed.