Melvin Gordon to Broncos

I like Singletary better than Gordon.  

Throwing 8 million a year to Gordon would be excessive.  In my opinion we need a bruiser to complement Singletary's style.  I have recommended AJ Dillon from Boston College.  He weighs nearly 250 and runs very fast.  He's strong, has a 41" vertical lift (handy if Josh overthrows a bit).  

FYI, Devin Singletary ran a 4.66 forty at the combine.  Dillon ran 4.53.  For what it's worth.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Saw a stat yesterday that said "Now that Todd Gurley has been released by Rams, NONE of the RBs from 2015 draft are still on their original team"

That’s why it’s a dime a dozen position now. Unless your name is Thurman Thomas, Barry Sanders, Marcus Allen or even Bo Jackson, your not gonna have a big market and teams aren’t gonna wanna pay you because every RB is now looked at as replaceable. 

1 minute ago, Nester said:

wow they overpaid.

Elway is not long for this league.

He’s one of the worst GMs I’ve ever seen. I think he’s right up there with Donahoe. The only thing he’s riding on as GM was the fact that he got Peyton Manning. Been making bonehead decisions since Peyton left

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

The only way I pay that is if we got Thurman Thomas in his prime lol

Prime Thurman is worth 15 million aav or more, esp with how well he would have played in a modern NFL offense. Dude deserves more than 8 million aav haha. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They have marginal talent at TE, RT and need quality depth at RB, and WR..... I’d say they have holes.

Yes, O has needs, never said it didnt. But I also think theyre expecting the young TEs and RT to develop (which is reasonable). And they already addressed WR, and will still prob add another WR and RB in the draft.

I just think the Butler signing is a head scratcher at that value.

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Prime Thurman is worth 15 million aav or more, esp with how well he would have played in a modern NFL offense. Dude deserves more than 8 million aav haha. 

True. Definitely undervalued Thurman a bit lol. I can only imagine what he would do in today’s NFL. Also wonder how OJ would be in today’s NFL. He probably run for 3,000 yards or more 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

Just now, billsfan89 said:

Thurman was way better than Gordon. Not even same league . 

45 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't believe this for a second but okay.

I mean... hypothetically If it is true, this is some *****... 

guy tanks his value by holding out because the Chargers refuse to pay him what the whole world knows he isn’t worth, then he plays like garbage for them when he comes back, they don’t want him, he then chooses less money so he can “stick it to them” twice a year.... 

super strange flex..

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

I wanted him, but I would much rather have Dobbins, Jonathan Taylor, or my favorite Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

Totally agree on Taylor & Dobbins, they're both much better than Melvin Gordon & can be had in the 2nd round. I like Clyde, but he's too much like Singletary to a be complimentary back to him.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I mean... hypothetically If it is true, this is some *****... 

guy tanks his value by holding out because the Chargers refuse to pay him what the whole world knows he isn’t worth, then he plays like garbage for them when he comes back, they don’t want him, he then chooses less money so he can “stick it to them” twice a year.... 

super strange flex..

He felt disrespected by the chargers and felt they were undervaluing him. It’s done and over with, Let him have his revenge lol

1 minute ago, 947 said:

Totally agree on Taylor & Dobbins, they're both much better than Melvin Gordon & can be had in the 2nd round. I like Clyde, but he's too much like Singletary to a be complimentary back to him.

If we payed Gordon what he got from Denver I highly doubt he would be a back up to Singletary 

11 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I don't think we need to sign any free agent running backs.  We have Singletary, Yeldon, and we'll find somebody in the draft that doesn't cost anything compared to a free agent.  

I want to see Yeldon replaced. He was inactive for most of the games for a reason. And, when he did play, it was painfully obvious that he is incapable of even breaking a tackle. The team can do a lot better than him.

• Like (+1) 1