Melvin Gordon to Broncos

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not sure about the Taiwan jones references - he’s relacing Senorise Perry, not Frank Gore

The Frank Gore replacement should come in the draft or a cheap deal on a RB like a Hyde. 

Interesting seeing the numbers

I'm against paying RBs high salaries. HOWEVER, when thinking about pay vs contribution... we're giving Butler (a BUST) $8-9M/year for being a 3rd-in-rotation DT.

I'd think Gordon would contribute on Offense more than Butler on Defense.

If I had to pick between the two, I'd pick Gordon.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Glad we dodged that bullet. $13.5M guaranteed. I was thinking he would get a deal like Gurley just got. 

My guess from seeing the various reports over the past few days is that the Bills had interest to a certain price point and then dropped out - and/or I think his representation may have told the Bills that he wanted to stay in the afc west which is why wawrow reported he thought he would end up in KC or Denver last night after talking to his bills source

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Still too much emphasis defensively not enough on offense...

Ehh, we dont really have the holes or need on O that we do on D, with players leaving in FA and the way we run rotation. So I can see the imbalance in FA. We went heavy on Offense last year in FA.

I do expect us to draft heavily on Offense.

But that Butler signing is a head-scratcher for me, especially when compared to other players we could get at that price.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My guess from seeing the various reports over the past few days is that the Bills had interest to a certain price point and then dropped out - and/or I think his representation may have told the Bills that he wanted to stay in the afc west which is why wawrow reported he thought he would end up in KC or Denver last night after talking to his bills source

Probably something like this...

D Bilbo:  (dials phone). “Hey Brandon!  It’s Dem!  How would you like to sign the services of THE Melvin “Flash” Gordon? Only 12 mil a season!!!!”

Beane:  (yawns from being awakened before 5pm).  “How did you even get my number?” (Hangs up).

D Bilbo:  “Hello?  Brandon?  Is this a fake hang up?  It’s a fake hang up, isn’t it?”

D Bilbo:  (texts call log to 3rd party contacts)

D Bilbo:  (Dials phone).  “Hey John!  Did you hear the news?  Buffalo!  My client LOVES ponies though!  So how would you like the services of THE Melvin “Flash” Gordon?  Bills are in for 12 million a year!!!!”

Elway:  “Really?  That’s steep Dem.  mind if I conference in Beane to understand the guarantees?”

D Bilbo:  “Ugh, you’re breaking up, John...  I can do 8 mil though because let’s face it, it’s Buffalo!!!  Lowest I can go!  No need to waist your minutes!”

8mm a year for a pretty average back? No thanks. 

Mid rd pick at min salary is a much better option. 

Honestly the best thing to do at RB is to take one in rds 3-4 every couple years and never sign or resign one ever. 

Even when a back turns out to be elite, that rarely lasts more than a couple years, so many recent examples of this. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

And those healthy legs are nothing special.  

True but there better than Gurly’s at this point. Gurly’s career unfortunately at his age is mostly likely over or is reaching the end. I think it would be more ridiculous if they gave that contact to Gurley than giving it to Gordon

1 minute ago, Process said:

8mm a year for a pretty average back? No thanks. 

Mid rd pick at min salary is a much better option. 

Honestly the best thing to do at RB is to take one in rds 3-4 every couple years and never sign or resign one ever. 

Even when a back turns out to be elite, that rarely lasts more than a couple years, so many recent examples of this. 

Saw a stat yesterday that said "Now that Todd Gurley has been released by Rams, NONE of the RBs from 2015 draft are still on their original team"