Bills Re-Sign S Dean Marlowe

MAJBobby

26 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Competition. Injuries. Never know. Could never be too deep in this league. I liked Johnson coming out of college.  Hope he takes a jump. 

I like Neal alot. He is more of a Big Nickel S , which McD runs alot . 

Exactly, he's not signed to the 55*,  he's coming to camp.  Beane knows what he is doing.

• Like (+1) 1

Beane is a big proponent of competition for all roster spots. Signing “cannon fodder” and “camp bodies” doesn’t up the competition across the board. Competition brings out the best in all. I consider this a “competition signing” rather than a “depth signing”.

In my mind, the difference in those words matter. 

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Safety depth is already A-OK with Hyde, Poyer, J. Johnson, and Neal. Not needed

You do understand they also need special team players, competition for camp and several backups?  Well, no apparently you don't.

Moronic knee-jerk reactions like this cause me to shake my head and ask, "Do these people know ANYTHING about building an NFL team?"  Marlow is familiar with the coaching staff, scheme and fellow players. He'll add to the competition at backup safety and is a fine ST player. He's the perfect kind of guy for this signing. Now, if you aren't a big fan, then hope he doesn't make the final roster---which could well be the case.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Or when I make the perfect cup of coffee.  Over ice and a lot of sugar free vanilla cream where you don’t really taste coffee anymore.

Are there any food groups that do NOT totally confound you? 

Your wings aren’t wings, and your coffee isn’t coffee. Do you pop your ice cream in the microwave for a minute before you eat it? Do you actually cook your cookie dough? 

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

Are there any food groups that do NOT totally confound you? 

Your wings aren’t wings, and your coffee isn’t coffee. Do you pop your ice cream in the microwave for a minute before you eat it? Do you actually cook your cookie dough? 

I do put my ice cream in the microwave for about 15 seconds.  I like it creamy.