Gurley to the Falcons

Codyny13

44 minutes ago, freester said:

This is a desperate move by the Falcons to sell tickets.  If they gave him significant money the GM should be fired.

It’s a year.  Settle down.

and it’s nuts he’s only 25.  They have a good offense on paper and i they finished up pretty good.  They could be tough if we have football this year.  

Also, rbs should go on strike.  Worst position in pro sports right now.  You get used up and then quickly thrown away.  

8 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Really important to give Singletary a Top Tier running mate.  I see him best at 20 touches/targets, breaking down and injured as that number approaches 30. 

I agree but I don’t know people want an expensive vet so bad.  Just draft a guy.  They fall in the draft every year and it’s the easiest learning curve of any position.

40 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Proof positive of how damaging the RB position is: he was electric just a couple of years ago. Those guys get walloped every week all while knowing their earning power is declining. 

Teams are going to say - what the rams did was a mistake.  Agents are saying - genius gurley - hold out before the 4th year and force them to extend you.  He got cut after what would have been the 5th year option... and more than tripled the income he would have brought in. 

I don't think teams will overpay backs anymore, but running backs are going to start renegotiating contracts if they're smart.  It didn't work for gordon... but he also didn't basically win the MVP in 2017, and waited until he was limited by the 5th year option.  Teams can cut you after 1 year on your contract - why can't you hold out?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

$5 million.  Pretty good deal for the Falcons. 

I would agree.  He's late to the party so he didn't want to be standing when the music stopped.  I don't think he's looking for another free agency next year though, i think this is an attempt to find a new home.  He wasn't going to get a multi-year offer with corona preventing teams from doing the extended physical look, and this will give him a chance to reset his value a bit.  

• Like (+1) 1

This is great. Coming to the Bills I could not accept.

My reasoning....

Diggs is a questionable personality to add to this team. 

Diggs wanted Gurley, his buddy.

Diggs insults Singletary without even a thought.

Diggs needs to be shown he does not run the team. A team he has never met.

Diggs, shut up.  You are a great piece to a team, not a savior, Beane runs this team. 

Gurley will finish season as top 5 fantasy football RB.

His demise is over exaggerated, I mean he has only missed 4 games in last 4 years.  Rams OL was not the same OL he flourished behind and had fallen off a lot mostly due to losing players to FA.  

His knees aren’t so much about being shot today, it’s about how many more years he can play as it’s a debilitating issue.

That being said, I wasn’t losing sleep over any free agent RB.  Love Devin and there are several running backs in the draft I would love to snag as a compliment.  One of my crushes is AJ Dillon.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

$5 million.  Pretty good deal for the Falcons. 

Really good deal for them!

Also Gurley gets 7.55 from the Rams with 2.5 offset language.  He will still make 10 million dollars this year!  I expect him to run hard this year and play well.

1 hour ago, BruceVilanch said:

From Devonta freeman who is injury prone to Gurley who is injury prone. Fun times in the ATL

Gurley has played in 73 out of 80 games in his career. Injury prone? Nope. Lingering potential knee issues... yep.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That being said, I wasn’t losing sleep over any free agent RB. 

Me either.  Although this does make it a lot more likely that the ones left sign cheaper deals as well.  To me Gurley immediately became the best available and then he signed for 5 million?!?!?!  Gordon is kicking himself for not taking the 10 million in training camp last year.

21 minutes ago, section122 said:

Me either.  Although this does make it a lot more likely that the ones left sign cheaper deals as well.  To me Gurley immediately became the best available and then he signed for 5 million?!?!?!  Gordon is kicking himself for not taking the 10 million in training camp last year.

Crazy thing about Gordon was he literally watched Bell attempt it the year before and not get the deal he wanted nor will he ever make up the money he lost.  

I would fire my agent if I was him.  This was as bad a decision and as bad advice as LaVar Ball convincing his son to turn down Nike to instead make his own shoe...that no one wants because his son isn’t really “Better than Steph Curry” as he loved to say for so long.  

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

My reasoning....

Diggs, shut up.  You are a great piece to a team, not a savior, Beane runs this team. 

What in the actual F(*)& is this?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

My reasoning....

A wee bit too much caffeine today?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

His demise is over exaggerated, I mean he has only missed 4 games in last 4 years.  Rams OL was not the same OL he flourished behind and had fallen off a lot mostly due to losing players to FA.  

His knees aren’t so much about being shot today, it’s about how many more years he can play as it’s a debilitating issue.

I agree with you, but the Falcons o-line hasn't been great in the run blocking department.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I agree with you, but the Falcons o-line hasn't been great in the run blocking department.  

Now that is true too.  I think Gurley will just get a lot of receptions still though, they love throwing to backs.  

Atlanta would not have been my first choice if I was Gurley for that very reason.  

I think he will be used a lot how Ekeler was used by Chargers last year.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

49 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That being said, I wasn’t losing sleep over any free agent RB.  Love Devin and there are several running backs in the draft I would love to snag as a compliment.  One of my crushes is AJ Dillon.  

Have you watched him run? He has lost a significant step and can’t break tackles like he used to. Maybe a year of cortisone shots can get him to respectable levels but his career is just about over. Melvin Gordon is a way better option at this point in time.

• Like (+1) 1