What a long way we have come

21 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

One thing I think we have going for us is how good Allen performs against Miami. While there’s no one element to pinpoint a players’ successful career vs a particular opponent, there’s plenty of examples through the years. Not the least of which was Kelly vs Miami. Few  seem to recall how good they (Dolphins) were during our finest run, but those were titanic tilts that routinely decided the AFC. Not just the Division.

Anyway, I love that Josh loves playing them.

Allen pumps up his stats against Miami.  They would be a little scary with those games.  

20 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It all started with Terry & Kim hiring an excellent HC/GM combo. They came in and immediately instilled an actual culture and organizational process. They built a top 10 defense and had the wisdom to select a very promising qb. The days of Rex, Marrone and Jauron are behind us. Brady is finally gone as NE will now begin to suffer. This division should be ours for many years. And it wouldn't surprise me to see us go to 2-3 SB's in the next 10 years. Buffalo is now becoming attractive to FA's. A whole lot to be optimistic about. 

We had a top 3 defense and top 10 scoring under Whaley.  People overrate this culture stuff.  I definitely think McDermott is a coach that players want to play for.  But we had that in the past.  Now we need a good qb.  We’ll see how good NE’s culture is without Brady.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/20/2020 at 12:07 AM, Rob's House said:

I remember being excited when we got Kawika Mitchell and Nick Barnett because they had started for teams that didn't suck.

Kawika was a huge get! Then, his play just spiraled into the toilet. He had arms as short as a baby’s, was slow, and took the absolutely worst angles. It was comical. 

How about Tom Donahoe signing Jeff Posey at midnight when free agency opened?!

http://a.espncdn.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1515839.html

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh