What a long way we have come

10 hours ago, Mr. K said:

Winning the offseason again!

All joking aside, this is one of the first times in my life as a Bills fan that I am 100% bought in for the season Brady or not.

I'm actually pissed Brady is gone when the Bills are obviously getting much stronger. No payback on the horizon, sadly. He left the division having beat up the Bills at will.

As for attracting FA, no doubt, Beane, McD... and JOSH ALLEN are big reasons why. This team looks one of THE emerging teams that could dominate for some years to come. That attracts good players. 

Edited by Jerome007
  • Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

Mario came here because we gave him $100 million dollars.  That's $100,000,000.00.  And also deer.

Because he was the best defensive player on the market.  He would have made that anywhere.  Most of the guys we just signed are overpaid.  That’s free agency.  You build through the draft and supplement with FAs.

its all about qbs.  We freaking won 7-8 games with JP, Trent, & Fitz.  Now we need to hope Allen is better than those guys. 

37 minutes ago, ngbills said:

100%. And its not to be negative about the current team. I like the direction we are headed. I just dont like the false narrative. We have field plenty of teams with some talent just lacked the most important piece. Lets not pretend this team could never sign any free agents - Spikes, Williams, Milloy, and on and on...

The 2014 and 2003 teams were loaded.  Not good enough qb play.  It’s that simple.  Those teams could have won SBs with Brady. 

3 hours ago, Flutie Flakes said:

Yep, I did as well.  Lowest of the low for me was when Vontae Davis quit on us.  We truly have come so far!  GO BILLS!

Vonte did not bother me at all.  He didn't get it.

Actual low points during my Bills fandom (partial list):

wide right

Thurman cant find his helmet

Superbowl XXVII, Kelly carted off field

Future HoF GM Bill Polian fired for pissing off money man Jeff Littman

OJ Simpson in a white Bronco; cant find "the real killer"

Jim Kelly knocked out and retires, Bills QBs are Todd Collins and Alex Van Pelt

Flutie pulled from playoff game because ... reasons

Music City Miracle/forward lateral

Wade Phillips fired for not scapegoating other coaches 

Greggo

Mike Mularkey hired out of nowhere because apparently he invents plays on bar napkins

Marv Levy brought back to be worst GM ever

Bills lose to Steelers third string in must-win game to advance to playoffs

Dick Jauron states with a straight face: "winning in the NFL is hard."

Oilers owner Bud Adams flips Bills fans the bird (both hands) on national TV

Perry Fewell not hired because ... reasons

Chan Galey has to tell actual Bills fans: "If you dog one of us, you dog all of us."

Russ Brandon basically in charge after palace coup 

Bills games in Toronto

Doug Whaley reaches for EJ Manual, doubles down with Sammy Watkins draft deal

Doug Marrone hired because Syracuse made the Pinstripe Bowl

Bills almost bought by Jon Bon Jovi, moved to another country

Marrone takes the money and runs

Bills OL coach hits random teenager with folding chair, threatens family

Rob Ryan hired for no good reason

London game.  I almost gave up. 

For me the London debacle was the lowest.  We've been working our way up ever since.

3 hours ago, Radar said:

And if we have as well. This will be huge year in determining it Josh is the guy we hope for. We're facing a much harder schedule this year hoping Josh develops and the team is up for it.

Yup. If J Allen takes another big step forward this team will be in amazing shape 

5 hours ago, Flutie Flakes said:

Yep, I did as well.  Lowest of the low for me was when Vontae Davis quit on us.  We truly have come so far!  GO BILLS!

I remember fans here were calling for McDermott & Beane to be fired after that incident.

How quickly things have turned around.

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I remember fans here were calling for McDermott & Beane to be fired after that incident.

NFL has very short memories on both sides. We start off the season bad and we are right back there. 

12 hours ago, Utah John said:

I've been saying since November that the Dolphins are building a strong core.  They were incredibly bad at the start of last year but despite having lost all their talent they pulled together and were winning tough games at the end of the year.  Of course, Fitz, so there's a ceiling.  But they have loaded up in FA and will have abundant draft picks.  The Dolphins could be what everyone expected the Browns to be last year.  The Browns sucked because their coach was in way over his head, and there were too many prima donas and too few lteam-firsters on the squad. I don't think the same problem will arise in Miami.  Their coach is very good.

I honestly think the AFCE will be a two-team race for the next several years, between Buffalo and Miami.

I'll admit I didn't look that closely, but it seems to me that Miami is spending recklessly. I didn't see any outlandish contracts, but it seems to be more of a 'buy a bunch of guys' situation than any real process. No doubt they're going to be a lot better, though, at least in the short term.  

5 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Absolutely!  I probably should have included that.  We were the laughing stock around the league and I do remember many in Bills Country railing for McD and Beane to be canned.

There are obviously many other lows, but that really stuck out for me.  

13 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

They definitely played hard for Flores and will get their qb this draft. We are maybe a season or two ahead of them right now but it’s going to get competive 

really quick. 

One thing I think we have going for us is how good Allen performs against Miami. While there’s no one element to pinpoint a players’ successful career vs a particular opponent, there’s plenty of examples through the years. Not the least of which was Kelly vs Miami. Few  seem to recall how good they (Dolphins) were during our finest run, but those were titanic tilts that routinely decided the AFC. Not just the Division.

Anyway, I love that Josh loves playing them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

It all started with Terry & Kim hiring an excellent HC/GM combo. They came in and immediately instilled an actual culture and organizational process. They built a top 10 defense and had the wisdom to select a very promising qb. The days of Rex, Marrone and Jauron are behind us. Brady is finally gone as NE will now begin to suffer. This division should be ours for many years. And it wouldn't surprise me to see us go to 2-3 SB's in the next 10 years. Buffalo is now becoming attractive to FA's. A whole lot to be optimistic about. 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It all started with Terry & Kim hiring an excellent HC/GM combo. They came in and immediately instilled an actual culture and organizational process. They built a top 10 defense and had the wisdom to select a very promising qb. The days of Rex, Marrone and Jauron are behind us. Brady is finally gone as NE will now begin to suffer. This division should be ours for many years. And it wouldn't surprise me to see us go to 2-3 SB's in the next 10 years. Buffalo is now becoming attractive to FA's. A whole lot to be optimistic about. 

agreed, it all starts at the top.  props & thanks to the Pegs!

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

I'm actually pissed Brady is gone when the Bills are obviously getting much stronger. No payback on the horizon, sadly. He left the division having beat up the Bills at will.

As for attracting FA, no doubt, Beane, McD... and JOSH ALLEN are big reasons why. This team looks one of THE emerging teams that could dominate for some years to come. That attracts good players. 

I understand wanting to beat up on the guy but the Bills had a long time to exercise that demon. Say he comes back to the pats* for another run and we handle the guy; would you really want to hear a fan of that team talking about the Bills having a "asterisk" beside that win because of Bradys senior citizen status? 

What is amazing to me is that about 18 months ago this team was 2-7 and looked like hot garbage on offense. Josh Allen then stops losing us games and actually helping us win and I now expect big things. The core around JA is strong and he will be determining factor of how far we go this year 

15 hours ago, Cal said:

I'll be happier when we win a playoff game 

Being a good roster on paper is nice for the off-season, but this is the measure that matters.  I want to see how the HC and OC use their newfound talented WR group.  I want to see them scheme an offense which scares opponents. I want to see more of this QB and how he uses the weapons they've acquired  And I want to see what all of them do in crunch time, as in a wild card or divisional round game.  

McD still has a lot to prove as an in-game HC.  I've got more confidence in Beane's vision, but when practice starts again it's all on the HC from there.    

On 3/20/2020 at 4:06 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I've been bought in since McDermott talked about his philosophy.

Same. Growth mindset FTW.

5 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/19/2020-nfl-free-agency-joe-douglas-prudent-first-offseason-jets-gm/amp/

the jets are even looking to change the ways things

are handled from the top down.

They still got Gase right? I think he builds dysfunctional teams. GM and Coach need to be of the same mindset.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1