What a long way we have come

6 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I think coaching and ultimately unwise spending will bring them down. I could be wrong but lots of jets fans complaining not doing enough to help Darnold.

I was going to say the same thing about the fish.  Spending like a drunkin' sailor on liberty after a long cruise (I can say that because I was one).

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I've been bought in since McDermott talked about his philosophy.

...despite all of the trials, tribulations, TBD calls for their firings, disdain about our "clueess owner",  et al, they collectively stayed the course to get us to this point now....pretty damn impressive IMO.....

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo Junction said:

All comes down to whether or not they hit on a QB. 

And if we have as well. This will be huge year in determining it Josh is the guy we hope for. We're facing a much harder schedule this year hoping Josh develops and the team is up for it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Don't discount the Jets...they were winning games at the end of last year..and they have a dominating defense.

Yeah they beat the Bills...…..second and third stringers by one point ;) 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Flutie Flakes said:

I was going to say the same thing about the fish.  Spending like a drunkin' sailor on liberty after a long cruise (I can say that because I was one).

Remember when they did that a few years ago? it didn't work then :)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

I've been saying since November that the Dolphins are building a strong core.  They were incredibly bad at the start of last year but despite having lost all their talent they pulled together and were winning tough games at the end of the year.  Of course, Fitz, so there's a ceiling.  But they have loaded up in FA and will have abundant draft picks.  The Dolphins could be what everyone expected the Browns to be last year.  The Browns sucked because their coach was in way over his head, and there were too many prima donas and too few lteam-firsters on the squad. I don't think the same problem will arise in Miami.  Their coach is very good.

I honestly think the AFCE will be a two-team race for the next several years, between Buffalo and Miami.

Miami is going to be a team to be reckon with especially if they get the right QB in place.  Flores has done a nice job down there.  Cleveland I think is also going to be tough, they improved just by getting rid of Kitchens.  Then they made some nice FA signings.

3 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

I liked the process before it was cool as well.

Back on BBMB I think the "Tyson Clabo Watch" got to 1k posts as well. 

Haha....totally forgot about the Tyson Clabo watch.  We became a..."let's use Buffalo to get more money destination.

We were the fat girl with the pretty friend.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Flutie Flakes said:

Lowest of the low for me was when Vontae Davis quit on us.

For me, it was all things Buddy NIx. Promoting him just felt like ownership didn't even care anymore.

The Toronto games were bad, but I was sipping the Kool-Aid and thought... if this is what it takes to keep 7 games a year here.

McBeaner is everything I could have dreamed of. TBH I'm most excited my 12 year old son can enjoy the rise of the Bills!

This may all but guarantee my obsession passes down to the next generation, lol.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I've been bought in since McDermott talked about his philosophy.

The two guys at top have got me to embrace the mindset of embracing the mindset.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I don't discount the Jets, but right now they have one capable WR, their OL patchwork has been meh because they struck out on most of their targets, and, well, Adam Gase. 

I agree with you.  Their unwise over the top spending on Bell and Moseley have them driving down the road to cap hell.  They have major holes in their roster and ownership that almost seems disinterested in the team.  And then....there's Gase.  How this guy continues to land jobs in the NFL is truly puzzling.  Miami is on a more solid footing.  They have a capable coach that gets the players to play hard for him.  For some reason, they traded away some of the best young established players on their team for draft picks and spent big on (Parker) a guy that has been an underachiever for the vast majority of his career.  The scouting and personnel people in Miami have done a below average job for years.  If they don't turn that around in this draft, they will languish as a below 500 team.

4 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I was an early process adopter.

Likewise. I knew before we even hired McDermott he would get the ship turned around. I wanted us to fire Rex a year earlier and hire him. When it comes to leadership you can either do it or you can't. McDermott can. 

• Like (+1) 1

You know we did sign Mario Williams right?  This whole FAs didn’t want to go to Buffalo stuff is completely overrated.  We didn’t lose because we couldn’t get FAs.  We lost because our QBs sucked.   It’s really not that complicated.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Take advantage of the free NFL Game Pass and watch some 2017 Bills games. The difference in 2 years is shocking. The defense was already emerging but the offense? Wow. And I was a Tyrod supporter. 

I was not a Tyrod supporter but they completely screwed up by putting him in a WCO, trading away Sammy a week before the season, and replacing him with Jordan Matthews and Benjamin.  They set him up to fail. 

• Like (+1) 1

Excited about the momentum that is building. This upcoming season the Bills will no longer be viewed as an untalented but play you hard team that hopes to win. The stakes have changed, expectations have changed. No longer just making the playoffs is the bar but winning the division, having a home playoff game and winning in the post season is the expectation for the upcoming season. The foundation is there, now the coaches and players will need to execute. There are no more excuses going forward.

In return, I hope New Era field turns back into major home field advantage for us and BillsMafia rises up even more as well! Fully expect the Bills to have multiple prime time games this year as well.

Exciting times!

LETS GO BUFFALO!

44 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You know we did sign Mario Williams right?  This whole FAs didn’t want to go to Buffalo stuff is completely overrated.  We didn’t lose because we couldn’t get FAs.  We lost because our QBs sucked.   It’s really not that complicated.

I was not a Tyrod supporter but they completely screwed up by putting him in a WCO, trading away Sammy a week before the season, and replacing him with Jordan Matthews and Benjamin.  They set him up to fail. 

Mario came here because we gave him $100 million dollars.  That's $100,000,000.00.  And also deer.

59 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

100%. And its not to be negative about the current team. I like the direction we are headed. I just dont like the false narrative. We have field plenty of teams with some talent just lacked the most important piece. Lets not pretend this team could never sign any free agents - Spikes, Williams, Milloy, and on and on...

• Like (+1) 1