Bills CB K.Johnson to Browns 1Yr $3.5M

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Until Josh Norman is at least in camp and shows his performance for Washington was more Washington/man defense I'd prefer they kept some CBs with experience here.

like Levi Wallace or...what's the other guy? Oh, yea...Tre White. Lewis? What exactly is the  number of CBs they have to keep on the roster that were here the previous year to be safe? 

I mean, I get the Bills Defense has been a problem especially the secondary so believing they have a handle on it is difficult to do, but what is a reasonable number of CBs to keep?

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

Did he leave because of our FA signings?

Or did Beane get those other FAs because he knew KJ was on the way out?

I think Johnson played well last year, but since he still couldn't displace a struggling Levi Wallace maybe the coaches had a better picture

we have so much money left. Nothing is cap constrained currently.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yuck.

One WR(albeit very good) is all this offense needed? No way, they need more fire power. Really wouldn’t be opposed to both their day 2 picks being offense.

I think with Diggs drawing the #1 corner now, Brown should be better going against 2’s.

We had 9 new starters last year....another year together.  Most importantly, Allen now has a full season under his belt now.  

Both of our starting ends are over 30 and no one young behind them except D. Johnson.

We also don’t have depth at corner now since Johnson is gone.  Wallace is okay.  Norman...no clue what to expect.

It would have been great to get Chris Harris but we didn’t.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Don’t disagree.... I don’t think the big issue last year was how new every player was to the offense but more so how most of them just aren’t quality NFL starters..... they are one injury away at WR to being back to square one at the position.... I wouldn’t hate an edge or CB with one of our first three picks, but all of them? Not a chance..... they still need better offensive players. Specifically at the skills positions in WR and RB. 

I wouldn’t be against a RB or a WR.

I just think we are thin at edge and corner.

17 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

He’s much better than Norman at this stage. Norman has been practicing social distancing since last September 

Maybe, but Norman has a chance to play CB in a zone defense and not having to pay man-to-man.  Norman in this defense might be better than Kev

19 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

He’s much better than Norman at this stage. Norman has been practicing social distancing since last September 

36 minutes ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

True, but 2nd year in the system at a very reasonable deal. He wasn't that bad either. 

Just saying 

ok decent point

It’s still hard to predict the draft yet as Beane isn’t done as we’ve seen these last couple of days in FA.  We still need more offensive power so the notion our top 3 picks left will be all defense with two CB’s and an Edge Rusher.  We now have Butler, Addison, Jefferson, H. Phillips, Star, and Jerry assuming Murphy is cut.  There are not a lot of quality Edge Rushers, but then again, not a lot of TE’s.  Whether free agency or draft, it would be nice to replace at least one or two of our TE’s, and I assume with the depth we’ll draft a WR and RB.

It will be a more balanced draft between offense and defense.

And this year I'm hoping Josh Norman is rejuvinated. We need CB's! He was given a chance and didn't impress. I hope we can sign a decent CB before the draft if there any out there. Outside and slot both need help. T Johnson is average and both Wallace and Norman have been much the same lately. Is Wallace signed?

I was hoping they would bring him back, especially since he signed for 3.5. I thought he played well. A former first round pick who is 27 and seemingly getting back on track. 

I find it puzzling that they offered double what he got to a 33 yr old Norman coming off of several horrendous years and whose last good season was 2015. 

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m actually fine with the Norman pickup because it’s low risk but that’s hilarious. 

Low risk? Johnson will be playing the whole season for the same money Norman will get if he is cut and doesn't play a down. Johnson also has a year with this defense and played at a decent level, seems like he would have been a lower risk imo.

I will trust McBeane on this and hope for the best but it is a bit of a headscratcher to me.  

Edited by Turk71