Bills CB K.Johnson to Browns 1Yr $3.5M

Did he leave because of our FA signings?

Or did Beane get those other FAs because he knew KJ was on the way out?

I think Johnson played well last year, but since he still couldn't displace a struggling Levi Wallace maybe the coaches had a better picture

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Utah John said:

Did he leave because of our FA signings?

Or did Beane get those other FAs because he knew KJ was on the way out?

I think Johnson played well last year, but since he still couldn't displace a struggling Levi Wallace maybe the coaches had a better picture

Josh Norman is getting more so I'd say Beane was fine with this.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Josh Norman is getting more so I'd say Beane was fine with this.

Until Josh Norman is at least in camp and shows his performance for Washington was more Washington/man defense I'd prefer they kept some CBs with experience here.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

See all those pinned threads on the front page announcing all these FA signings? Bills aren’t getting any comp picks.

Yeah.  Beane said a couple of months ago that 2021 might be the year the Bills start earning comp picks.   Seems like no way this year.  

There is a glaring lack of depth at CB right now.  Unless they sign a FA before the draft, I’d expect a CB in either the 2nd or 3rd in the draft.  Given the situation at CB and DE, I would almost think that those almost have to be the 2nd and 3rd round picks unless there is no value there or if an unbelievable value is left at another position.  

I would love to have the flexibility to take one of the top RBs if available, but I think that may have to be put off till later.

• Like (+1) 2