Winning The Offseason

H2o

According to ESPN, shocking I know. Orlovsky has a video just beneath the quick notes about our moves. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28921248/2020-nfl-free-agency-winners-losers-why-dak-prescott-kyler-murray-browns-fans-happy#best

buf.png&h=110&w=110

Buffalo Bills

Sometimes, heavy forays into free agency actually work. There was almost universal agreement that the Bills' 2019 spree played a significant role in clinching a wild-card spot. And after their efforts this week, the Bills might have made themselves the favorites in the new-look AFC East.

The big-ticket acquisition, of course, was landing Vikings receiver Stefon Diggs via a trade. But the Bills made plenty of other important and thoughtful moves. First, they made sure to prevent a backslide from their otherwise improved offensive line in re-signing guard Quinton Spain. Then they went hard at upgrading a defensive line already anchored by defensive tackle Ed Oliver by signing veterans Quinton Jefferson and Vernon Butler. And it's likely that coach Sean McDermott will have a better idea of how to use new Buffalo cornerback Josh Norman, dating to their time together with the Panthers.

As is the case with the Browns, free agency couldn't address the Bills' most significant question. You can't directly make quarterback Josh Allen a more consistent and accurate passer with external moves. But at the very least, another strong offensive line and an enhanced set of wide receivers can help maximize the good throws he does make.

20 minutes ago, H2o said:

According to ESPN, shocking I know. Orlovsky has a video just beneath the quick notes about our moves. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28921248/2020-nfl-free-agency-winners-losers-why-dak-prescott-kyler-murray-browns-fans-happy#best

as discussed here, Beane's strategy seems to be more utility infielders, fewer designated hitters.  Let's see how it plays out because so far i like that there's not too many positions where the backup is a big dropoff from starter