Kevin Johnson interest?

Does anyone know if the Bills and KJ are interested in re-signing? I’ve seen Denver is interested, wasn’t sure if McBeane are. I would love to have him back, but don’t know how valuable he thinks he is since he finally had a healthy season. 

I really hope we make a decent effort to retain him. McBeane can't possibly go into the season thinking Norman is the answer at the #2 CB position. Of course we hope he comes in and recaptures his play of 5 years past but keeping Johnson and Wallace for depth, rotation and a safeguard against injury for that matter is extremely important.

20 minutes ago, CSBill said:

As far as I know, isn't Wallace still the #2 corner? I would like Johnson, but as is, he would be competing with Norman for reps.

I don't think Levi will be able to beat out Norman . Norman is just wayyy more physical

Levi will be the swing corner imo

3 hours ago, BillsGuru4 said:

Does anyone know if the Bills and KJ are interested in re-signing? I’ve seen Denver is interested, wasn’t sure if McBeane are. I would love to have him back, but don’t know how valuable he thinks he is since he finally had a healthy season. 

I don’t think they are.  Honestly I wasn’t the biggest fan of KJ.  I though he played adequate and having him on the roster to take snaps from Levi definitely helped.  But I don’t see the need to bend over backwards to keep him.  There’s lot of players that can fill his role

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Isn't Norman kind of slow these days?  Can he actually cover fast guys who can cut on a dime?

Levi isn't that fast either and in a predominantly cover 4 scheme with cover 3 and Tampa 2 disguised in , with maybe 40% man norman will still give you more than Levi imo

I like Levi he just hasn't shown to be physical enough to start on the outside. As a swing corner ideally.. Norman still can probably play on the outside in McDermott's scheme for a year atleast

13 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Just signed by Browns.

Yup. 1 year, $3.5M with incentives that can take that up to $6M.  Seems like he’ll have a similar role there.  Nickel mostly.  But he can rotate on the outside if needed. 

Edited by BarleyNY

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Isn't Norman kind of slow these days?  Can he actually cover fast guys who can cut on a dime?

I'd say 'no' based on his time in Washington, but McDermott seems to have a good handle on the abilities of defensive players and ensuring they aren't exposed any more than they have to be