Flacco Backup ?

I'd say he's all done he has something messed up in his neck which is why he failed the physical & he's a statue of a QB & he has made upward of $150 million so why would you want or need to go on & possibly put your future health in jeopardy hell i'd just kick back & enjoy my $150 Mill !! ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

No, people are basing it off his entire career.  That one game was the complete outlier.  (58.8%, 10 td to 21 int!,  65.7 qb rating).  That’s freaking awful and may be the worst of any qb not named Peterman in the nfl.  I can’t believe people are content with him because he’s friends with Josh and knows the playbook.

and washed up Flacco’s numbers last year:  65.2%, 6 td, 5 int, 227 passing yards/ game, 85.1 qb rating.  His worst is so far superior to Barkley’s best and oh yeah, he won a SB.  We are keeping a 2 because they are nice instead of rolling with an aging 8.  It makes no sense.

Flacco doesn’t really seem like a team first guy at all. No thanks. I bet if he was able to play the entire year his stats would look much worse. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I don’t know if it’s the best but it’s adequate. People are basing their  Barkley disapproval off the last game he played in. Which was in the rain with the second team going against the Jets first team. 
Funny how after 2018 we didn’t hear anything about it, why? Because Matt had played great in a few games. 
You are right about him being a good locker room guy, supporting Josh, and good enough to win a few.

Yeah that Jets game left a bad taste in my mouth. I get it that it was tough circumstances... but man was he brutal. Literally no arm strength at all. That was a tough watch. But everyone can have a bad day I guess.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/19/2020 at 10:31 AM, Mountain Man said:

We have one of the best backup QB situations in the league, why are people obsessed with changing it? 

Barkley is cheap, a great locker room guy who supports Josh Allen, good enough to survive a few games and is accepting of his role. 

I don't want Flacco but I think to say we have one of the best backup QB situations is a reach. It's basically based on 1 game Barkley had last year vs the Jets vs the entire rest of his career. 

He's not a terrible backup but a 3rd QB with upside or that's better is definitely not something I'd object to. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Nope, I suspect yours is the majority opinion.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone could name 5 back up situations that are clearly better, excluding competitions like Chicago

Can I use last year's rosters since this years aren't fully set

1.Saints

2.Titans

3. Broncos

4. Chargers

5.Panthers

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Can I use last year's rosters since this years aren't fully set

1.Saints

2.Titans

3. Broncos

4. Chargers

5.Panthers

Saints? Maybe. Hill can add other value but has less than 20 passes in the league 

As of right now. The Titans back up is Logan Whiteside. So thats a no from me

The Broncos have Driskel and Rypien. Nope 

Chargers. Yes. If you assume its Tyrod or a round 1 rookie. 

Panthers. Kyle Allen, a tie at best but Barkley has experience 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Saints? Maybe. Hill can add other value but has less than 20 passes in the league 

As of right now. The Titans back up is Logan Whiteside. So thats a no from me

The Broncos have Driskel and Rypien. Nope 

Chargers. Yes. If you assume its Tyrod or a round 1 rookie. 

Panthers. Kyle Allen, a tie at best but Barkley has experience 

I think I clearly stated last year's rosters since this years aren't set yet

Brees/Teddy

Tannehill/Mariota

Rivers/ Tuhrod

Cam/Allen

Flacco/Lock

I'd take K Allen over Barkley every time he may have more wins in his career over Barkley already (I'll have to look that up)

Here's another Minshew

Edited by Starr Almighty
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/19/2020 at 2:18 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t disagree.  But he is still better than Barkley.  Barkley has never been good enough to be washed.   Flacco, even last year, had fair superior numbers to anything Barkley has ever done. 

By the time Flacco was benched it looked like he had completely given up.  If he comes to the team and has to start for any length of time I will dread his Orton moment from his first snap until it happens.

I expect a late round udfa qb to be brought in to compete and if they show any promise go to the ps.  I don't think it is a position the Bills will be investing heavily in this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

No, people are basing it off his entire career.  That one game was the complete outlier.  (58.8%, 10 td to 21 int!,  65.7 qb rating).  That’s freaking awful and may be the worst of any qb not named Peterman in the nfl.  I can’t believe people are content with him because he’s friends with Josh and knows the playbook.

and washed up Flacco’s numbers last year:  65.2%, 6 td, 5 int, 227 passing yards/ game, 85.1 qb rating.  His worst is so far superior to Barkley’s best and oh yeah, he won a SB.  We are keeping a 2 because they are nice instead of rolling with an aging 8.  It makes no sense.

Ultimately, we are in trouble if Josh goes down. This is the case with most teams, but you need a guy who can at go at least .500 in limited playing time. I don’t have faith that Barkley could go 2-2 if he were called on to play four games. Barkley lacks the physical ability needed to be a competent backup. He has zero arm strength, he’s unable to push the ball downfield or make basic throws outside the numbers, has no pocket awareness, and poor ball security. You need a backup who can manage the game without losing it. Barkley’s physical limitations will cause you to lose games. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is a hard no.  Not sure that I want to read four pages of replies; so I apologize if my point was already discussed.   

When Flacco went to Denver, I remember there was a lot of drama made on sports talk radio after Flacco stated that he was not there to mentor the young QB's in Denver and that he was not interested in teaching or mentoring. 

9 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Minshew is the undisputed number 1 in Jacksonville 

And by most of the QBs and backups are known so no need to use last year's rosters

Barkley is undisputed hot trash

1. Teddy/Cam

2.Carr/Marriota

3. Rivers/Brissett

4. Burrow/Andy

5. Mahomes/Moore

6. Jimmy G/ Mullins

7. Foles/Mitch Trubisky

Edited by Starr Almighty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1