Flacco Backup ?

Lol at Flacco . 
Come on people, did we see the disaster he’s been? Why is he an upgrade over Barkley? 
Cause he won a super bowl 10 years ago? He has been a shell of that player for years. I would prefer to sign Jeff George or Kelly Holcomb before Flacco. 
Leave Barkley alone, he can win a game or two if Allen is hurt. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Mc1320 said:

I live in Baltimore and would expect Flacco to retire, I don’t see him being a journeyman backup. He has his ring and boatloads of cash as a result of his Super Bowl run.

Plus Scam Newton and Winston would probable be first choices for teams looking for backups to push their current starters.

winston threw 30 ints last year...don't want to see him w Bills

37 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

He's great for the locker room. But suspect in winning games that Josh is out.

As are most every backup QB. 
If any teams QB1 is out for more than two or three games the season is in effect over, not always, but for the most part this is the truth. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

If any teams QB1 is out for more than two or three games the season is in effect over, not always, but for the most part this is the truth. 

Go Bills!!!

Truth right there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Lol at Flacco . 
Come on people, did we see the disaster he’s been? Why is he an upgrade over Barkley? 
Cause he won a super bowl 10 years ago? He has been a shell of that player for years. I would prefer to sign Jeff George or Kelly Holcomb before Flacco. 
Leave Barkley alone, he can win a game or two if Allen is hurt. 

Flacco has taken more live bullets than Barkley no doubt. And he may be spent physically.  But Barkley was great for the one game in 2018. He was not great in 2 games in 2019.

Edited by sunshynman
typo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Mc1320 said:

I live in Baltimore and would expect Flacco to retire, I don’t see him being a journeyman backup. He has his ring and boatloads of cash as a result of his Super Bowl run.

Plus Scam Newton and Winston would probable be first choices for teams looking for backups to push their current starters.

Fortunately the Bills are looking to support their starter, not push him with overhyped and mediocre talent, so we have no use for either of those two.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Flacco makes sense as a backup IMO.  I would have more confidence in him starting if Josh got hurt than Barkley, but also would never feel like Flacco should ever start OVER a healthy Josh.  

Most importantly, he has playoff and Super Bowl winning experience to share with Josh when we make our post season push this year.  

I would more than welcome a Flacco signing as a back up upgrade.  Nothing against Barkely, like him as a person, but he really hasn't shown much when he had to play outside that one first game against the Jets in 2018.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, section122 said:

I disagree completely. He is washed.  No reaaon to bring him in at all.

I don’t disagree.  But he is still better than Barkley.  Barkley has never been good enough to be washed.   Flacco, even last year, had fair superior numbers to anything Barkley has ever done. 

nice guy though. 

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Go Bills!!!

Saints didn’t get this memo last year.  With our defense, a decent qb could game manage this team to some wins.  Hell, Allen averaged less than 200 yards a game and we won 10 games.  

I don’t get why so many people are comfy with have a bad backup qb.

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Fortunately the Bills are looking to support their starter, not push him with overhyped and mediocre talent, so we have no use for either of those two.

We should pray Allen because as overhyped and mediocre as Newton. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t disagree.  But he is still better than Barkley.  Barkley has never been good enough to be washed.   Flacco, even last year, had fair superior numbers to anything Barkley has ever done. 

nice guy though. 

Saints didn’t get this memo last year.  With our defense, a decent qb could game manage this team to some wins.  Hell, Allen averaged less than 200 yards a game and we won 10 games.  

I don’t get why so many people are comfy with have a bad backup qb.

We should pray Allen because as overhyped and mediocre as Newton. 

It appears you did not read what I posted...

Just now, BuffAlone said:

Not sure why this is even a consideration due to the fact he failed a physical which is why he got released. He's done

One teams failed physical is another teams waterboy.

But I'm sure Denver wanted a failed physical in this case.

Just now, sunshynman said:

One teams failed physical is another teams waterboy.

But I'm sure Denver wanted a failed physical in this case.

could be. But he had a right to get a second opinion. I'm not sure, but either way, he's toast imo

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sunshynman said:

He has been bad lately. Better Knowledge possibly? At least more situational play. And should not be a threat for people wanting him to play.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/19/broncos-waive-joe-flacco/

He just needs better knowledge?  What is situational play for a backup?  And no one wants the backup to play.

I don't understand any sentence past the first in that post...

43 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

This guy is more done than Rivers and Brady combined. 1 hit wonder after the Super Bowl. Plus he’s not a team leader and is probably going to command more money than we’re paying Barkley 

Were never gonna have another Reich , the only one closest to him, at least to me was Matt Moore

What a weird comparison...  Rivers and Brady are going to make $50,000,000 combined as starters on playoff contenders next season.  Matt Barkley has been in the league since 2013 and has 2 wins in his career.  He’s barely played, and when he has he’s thrown more than twice as many INTs as TDs.  He’s the NFL equivalent of a white flag.

• Thank you (+1) 3