Flacco Backup ?

No!!!!

There is more to being an NFL backup than simply being the next man up. These guys spend hours together breaking down film and working out together. It's an important  relationship.

We have a young ascending but not yet established  QB. Bringing in a big name QB only puts more pressure on Josh and he doesn't need that. 

People need to stop making a thread everytime they think of some sort of backup that  should be added to the Bills . 

Think first .  

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Honestly, this is probably the best case backup.  Not good enough anymore to be a threat (Unlike Winston and Cam) but still much better than Barkley and has won a lot of games in this league. It actually makes too much sense to happen. 

He feel off the cliff fast. But If he embraces the backup role, he could help Josh. And He could possibly win you some games in a pinch.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mountain Man said:

We have one of the best backup QB situations in the league, why are people obsessed with changing it? 

Barkley is cheap, a great locker room guy who supports Josh Allen, good enough to survive a few games and is accepting of his role. 

He's great for the locker room. But suspect in winning games that Josh is out.

• Like (+1) 5

This guy is more done than Rivers and Brady combined. 1 hit wonder after the Super Bowl. Plus he’s not a team leader and is probably going to command more money than we’re paying Barkley 

10 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

I don't dislike Barkley. But I wouldn't say he is our Frank Reich to our Kelly.

Were never gonna have another Reich , the only one closest to him, at least to me was Matt Moore

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

I don't dislike Barkley. But I wouldn't say he is our Frank Reich to our Kelly.

which is a ridiculous standard to expect (not saying you are!)

Edited by Crayola64
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Honestly, this is probably the best case backup.  Not good enough anymore to be a threat (Unlike Winston and Cam) but still much better than Barkley and has won a lot of games in this league. It actually makes too much sense to happen. 

I disagree completely. He is washed.  No reaaon to bring him in at all.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

We have one of the best backup QB situations in the league, why are people obsessed with changing it? 

Barkley is cheap, a great locker room guy who supports Josh Allen, good enough to survive a few games and is accepting of his role. 

Barkley really isn’t very good on the field, but I agree with the rest. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I live in Baltimore and would expect Flacco to retire, I don’t see him being a journeyman backup. He has his ring and boatloads of cash as a result of his Super Bowl run.

Plus Scam Newton and Winston would probable be first choices for teams looking for backups to push their current starters.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I would take him as the back up. To me it comes down to if Josh goes down, who do you have more faith in winning a couple of games-Flacco or Barkley. Personally I would have a lot more confidence in Flacco going 2-2 over a 4 game stretch with the weapons the Bills have than Barkley. Watching Barkley in the New England game for me last year was hard.  Very likable guy, supports Josh, but I feel Flacco has more talent 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1