Jameis Winston as a backup QB?

alluro

47 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

The controversy happened because neither was great. If Josh is the guy then there should be no problem with getting a decent backup.

First sub 300 yard passing game for JA, and the board would be dividing into partisan factions...?

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

….Peterman's five picks in one game would be at risk...……..

So to would be the seafood aisle at Wegmanns.

58 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yes please, sign me up for an immediate QB controversy!    Return TSW to the glory days of Flutie v Johnson! 

:wallbash:

Who will happily sign a $2m year contract to sit on the bench?

Yeah, there would be now way Winston would be happy sitting behind Josh Allen.  He definitely thinks he’s the better qb.  He is a million times better than Barkley but it would be a problem first game Allen starts or if Winston out plays him in camp.

they definitely need better as a backup though.

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

I am against bringing him in as a backup for 2 reasons:

1)  Unless he has matured, he has shown in the past to be an immature guy.  He's not the type of "process" guy that would fit in well in the Bills' locker room.  Part of the secret to the Bills' success is team chemistry.

2)  Winston has talent and looks great at times.  If Allen gets injured and is out for a couple of games, Winston could step in and play really well.  Now, when Allen comes back, you have a QB controversy that disrupts the team chemistry.

Can we stop with this “process” nonsense? We literally just traded for Diggs who was disgruntled and quit on his team. 

We were linked to AB last year. 

Talking about process and character is fine when you’re just hired and trying to turn a roster over but clearly McD and BB are willing to take on guys who have some warts.

Just now, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

Surely you jest. Would rather just stick with Barkley. At least Matt tries to throw the ball to the guys in the same uniforms.

Haha, you’re not serious are you? Winston, with 30 ints this year, career int rate 3.5%. Barkley has a 6.1%.  Winston is a moron but he is one of the most talented guys in the nfl.  Barkley’s best skill is he’s a nice guy. 

He isn’t a fit for the culture of our locker room.  He’s going to want to start, so could make him worse in the locker room.  

Bills fans are not mature enough to handle this kind of back up QB.  First incomplete pass by Allen people would be crying to put Winston in.  I know this is true as I watched people many times idiotically clamor to bench Josh for Barkley during games that we were behind in...yet still won...thanks to Josh.  

Bills fans don’t deserve a better backup than Barkley, they can’t handle it.  

1 hour ago, alluro said:

It looks like Jameis Winston may be relegated to backup duties this year, and the Bills will be in the hunt for a playoff run. My contention is we need a solid backup behind Josh Allen, especially with how reckless he is with his body. Having Jameis would give us a nice safety net if the worst case scenario should arise, or if Allen proves he just doesn't have it after a good portion of the season goes by. Why not bring him in as a nice insurance policy?

Winston is more reckless with the ball than Josh is with his body. That’s why he’s available. 

For his sake, I do hope he’s grown up as a person, but I don’t see him as a fit.