Rams cut Gurley to Atl 1yr $5M

38 minutes ago, MJS said:

I need an interpreter... I thought I knew English, but apparently there's a new version going around.

This means they're taking the conversation to Direct Messaging between the two on Twitter. Stefon is "Sliding" into his DM's. Hopefully to recruit him to come here if Beane sends him an offer.

I’d like to see him here. Really good complement to Singletary and with Gurley you are also getting a bug time receiver so there are things you can do with him. I think he goes home to Baltimore and splits carries with Ingram and joins Lamar to enhance their rushing attack. 

34 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I can assure everyone Gurley is not done.  Rams went away form leaning on him, he wanted more touches and was ready.  

McVay didnt even use him in the SB and has regretted ever since.  

His demise is greatly exaggerated by fantasy football people who got burned drafting him as high as they did.  He isnt going to be a bell cow, and shouldn't, but he can be part of a 2 headed monster and be just fine.  His knees aren't shot, they just need to reduce wear to extend his career.  

People also forget Rams OL has been getting worse and McVay has been hyper focused on letting Goff throw a ton.  Gurley was under used, not shot.  

I would take Gurley in a damn heartbeat.  Him and Singletary would be freaking awesome.

We don't truly know. With that said, I agree with everything you said. Beans get it done. Also, think Gurley will get us lots of tds in the red zone. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

How the heck did he get quarantined in the super bowl and it was a big mystery as to why. There is a reason why the rams are cutting him and it’s more than money. I think his knee is toast. 

No, even McVay said it was his biggest mistake not using him in SB.  You only play to reach the SB, so you dont limit Gurley to save his knees for future seasons while in the SB.  Gurley and McVay have both said he was good to go in the SB, it was a blunder by McVay, and said so himself, like the bone head moves Atlanta did to blow the SB.  

And this past year, Gurley was good and wanting more touches.  McVay said he was good and he needs to be better to get him more involved.  

Rams cap is totally screwed and they need to fix it.  Goff's contract might be the worst in the NFL and they are pretty screwed after wagering everything on a 1 or 2 year push.  They need to plan for the future, they know their window is basically closed.  So they cant move his bad contract, the only way to repair the damage of it is to cut him and save later.  

Gurley getting cut is all about his massive contract and the bad cap management the Rams did trying to buy a SB win.  He was paid to be a bell cow and focal point, and with his knees that is no longer wise.  He has plenty left to offer in a shared role, the talent is all still there.

Also, the Rams OL has taken a big dive too and isnt what it was when he was dominating.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Gordon seems like a safer signing to me. Gurley’s not a 20 plus touch a game guy anymore and his knee is a serious question mark. If we do end up signing Gurley, I’d say bring him in for 2-3rd down shortage. I wouldn’t give him a major workload and because of that I wouldn’t give him a big contact either, maybe 2 year 10 million contact that’s actually a 1 year with the option of picking up his second year if he plays good but also having the option to cut him after this year if he doesn’t play well or can’t stay healthy. Doubtful he ever signs a deal like that but if I’m Beane that’s what I’m offering, no more no less 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

Honestly, RB’s should get paid a bonus for every carry by the League’s performance based compensation.  Most start deteriorating after their rookie contract from wear and tear.  And for the few who get a big 2nd contract like Gurley, in addition to wear and tear, there’s less motivation to take the pounding.  Is Gurley gonna run hard for $4m per year when he’s already made $45m?  You might get a good year or 2 from Gordon.  He hasn’t gotten his big contract yet.  I’d rather try to trade for Fournette.  I think he’ll have a huge year this year playing for his next contract and you only have to pay him $4m.  

I'd rather have Gurley than Gordon on the Bills . 

Yeah he has injury issues but he's still an elite back when healthy . Gordon although healthy isn't special to me. 

I'd rather roll the dice on the higher ceiling guy because  we still have Singletary. If we didn't have Singletary  I'd rather roll with a safer Gordon.

Let's get Gurley  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DJB said:

I'd rather have Gurley than Gordon on the Bills . 

Yeah he has injury issues but he's still an elite back when healthy . Gordon although healthy isn't special to me. 

I'd rather roll the dice on the higher ceiling guy because  we still have Singletary. If we didn't have Singletary  I'd rather roll with a safer Gordon.

Let's get Gurley  

Rather have Gordon, Gordon is more explosive than Gurley at this point. Gurley is banged up and bruised up. You would be taking less of a chance with gordon

With Singletary Gurley makes alot of sense imo.  Limiting both to 20 touches helps.  Gurley in just the role Gore had is a massive improvement.  Gurley has a few years left.  So to steal a NBA term load management.  Like Kawi give Gurley rest and save him for 3 games in January and Feburary.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

No position takes a greater physical pounding than RB.  Gurley still motivated $45m later to lay his body on the line and fight for every yard?  

If you watch him play that's not even a question.  

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Rather have Gordon, Gordon is more explosive than Gurley at this point. Gurley is banged up and bruised up. You would be taking less of a chance with gordon

Nah, he's not.  Gordon is good.  Gurley is more explosive.

• Like (+1) 1

Would love to see the Edgecombe County/Tarboro, NC native on the Bills.  This young man has done a lot to support his hometown of Tarboro which has been devastated by post hurricane floods a few times. He is universally loved in eastern NC.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article225355755.html

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article228946104.html

Probably won't happen but he would add to a strong culture.

3 hours ago, JoeF said:

Would love to see the Edgecombe County/Tarboro, NC native on the Bills.  This young man has done a lot to support his hometown of Tarboro which has been devastated by post hurricane floods a few times. He is universally loved in eastern NC.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article225355755.html

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article228946104.html

Probably won't happen but he would add to a strong culture.

so you are saying there’s a Carolina connection eh?? It’s gotta happen now then 

• Haha (+1) 2