Would anyone look at maybe calling the Jaguars about Fournette?

46 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Marv also said he wasn't looking for choirboys. Nobody in the NFL is looking for choirboys. But there is a difference between "not a choirboy" and being a disruptive scum bag---you get that, right?

Look at the list of "infractions" in Gibson's tweet. Does THAT sound like the kind of guy Beane targets?  I don't think Beane gives a damn about whether the players go to church, or how they act in their private/personal lives (short of creating issues for the team).  But he sure values players who have a high work ethic and buy into what the team is doing. 

The excuse that his behavior was OK because, well Marrone and Coughlin suck, is preposterous. They were successful in his first year---went to the AFC championship game. If he can't buy into a team that's successful, how will he react during tough times?  Well we know that too. He completely s#its the bed. 

Again, I'll say I think Fournette is a good back (not great, just very good). And if there is a way they can ensure he comes in with a fresh attitude and a willingness to buy-in, then maybe they take the shot. Unless they are close to certain, I think they take a hard pass.  We get a lot of Fournette reports here in north Florida. Unless Beane finds something hidden inside Fournette  that makes him believe otherwise, I can't see the Bills making this trade.  If they do, i think Beane sets it up so that he has to toe the line or he's gone.

Well there isn’t a much tougher situation than last years jags season, and yet Fournettes production indicated that he reacted just fine sundays at 1p

15 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

And I’m absolutely cool signing him for this season only .... you’re gonna get max motivation in a contract year

I don’t see NO anywhere in this response 

Considering the Draft is in two days, I think that is the No that you need until at last Saturday when the draft is over and we are talking 2021 draft picks

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

Maybe.  But there are some good RB prospects in the mid-rounds who will be here longer.

Agreed and I definitely don’t hate the idea of drafting one. I am however a believer that a window for a championship doesn’t remain open long ... it’s the same reason we gave up a young rookie WR in the first round to trade for Diggs:  you’re not guessing or waiting on a rookie-you know what you have with established young vets. 

38 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Well there isn’t a much tougher situation than last years jags season, and yet Fournettes production indicated that he reacted just fine sundays at 1p

He's fine if he gets the ball and a whiny douche when he doesn't. He won't be the lead back with the Bills. How do you think he'll deal with that on game day? In the past the answer has been, "Not very well".

But if you  have learned nothing about McBeane, learn this: They don't want Allen Iverson team killers ("you talkin' bout practice") here. What you do during the week (meetings/practice) is VITAL to a team like this. It isn't a collection of random stars, but rather a cohesive unit that needs to practice together to play well. If you think tardiness/sleeping through meetings is something the Bills will tolerate, I think you are sorely mistaken,. 

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Just heard Florio on WFAN... said there hasn't been many takers on Fournette which surprises him. Mentioned Steelers and Chiefs as possible suitors. Unless Taylor falls, I don't get why the Bills wouldn't be interested. Guys a beast. 

I just looked at his game logs the last 7 weeks of the season and he only average 50 yards rushing per game down the stretch. Now I did not watch them a lot so there could be other reasons but my first thought is all of the hits he has received are weighing on him. If not his attitude is most likely the reason no one wants him because the talent seems to be there.

I wouldn’t hate it if he’s available for a 5th or later.  

At worst, it buys us a year before we need to address RB.   There’s (usually) stud RB’s available in the 2nd Round every year, with potential studs in the 3rd and later most years - See Singletary.   Also rookie RBs usually have a quick learning curve - Again, See Singletary. 

Given we have no 1st Round Pick this year, I wouldn’t hate pushing RB via Draft off by another year should Fournette only be a stop-gap. 

That allows us to focus on EDGE, Secondary and WR with our 2nd, 3rd and 4th Round Picks. 

Of course, he’d have to check the attitude because those reported issues won’t fly with McDermott, or these teammates. 

22 minutes ago, The Dean said:

He's fine if he gets the ball and a whiny douche when he doesn't. He won't be the lead back with the Bills. How do you think he'll deal with that on game day? In the past the answer has been, "Not very well".

But if you  have learned nothing about McBeane, learn this: They don't want Allen Iverson team killers ("you talkin' bout practice") here. What you do during the week (meetings/practice) is VITAL to a team like this. It isn't a collection of random stars, but rather a cohesive unit that needs to practice together to play well. If you think tardiness/sleeping through meetings is something the Bills will tolerate, I think you are sorely mistaken,. 

To assume his behavior would continue once leaving the jags is exactly that ... an assumption.  I also think that property motivated, he would supplant Motor as the RB1, but that’s a whole different issue. 

Last season Fournette showed he is an effective pass catcher. We all know he can ran the ball well. This is an opportunity to get a complete back who is still very young. Drafting a back is a big unknown. With that said, the baggage is a concern. If his head is right and the price is reasonable (like a 4th round) I would love to get him.

6 minutes ago, familykwi said:

Wouldn't want to pay him next year, so why bother?

The only way I could see it happening is if after the draft they don't get a RB they like and don't want to reach. Then you turn to the trade and free agency market. Even then I think they would take Carlos Hyde or another free agent back instead of trading a 6th or 7th away for Fournette. 

I'm hoping that sometime during the Draft on day three, we hear an announcement that the Bills have traded their pick to Jacksonville for Leonard Fournette. Fournette is the perfect power back to complement Motor. 

20 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

I'm hoping that sometime during the Draft on day three, we hear an announcement that the Bills have traded their pick to Jacksonville for Leonard Fournette. Fournette is the perfect power back to complement Motor. 

It depends on:

How badly the Jags want to get rid of Fournette.  The rumour is that the return for him has been very low.  Are they willing to take a 5th just to get rid of him?

What the Bills perceive his value to be?  He can be a one year rentals who also could field a comp pick.  Is that worth a 4th? 5th? or 6th?  And are they better off selecting a back in the draft?