Would anyone look at maybe calling the Jaguars about Fournette?

1 minute ago, Mr Wild said:

Yes there is a difference between a lazy jerk and a motivated jerk

True.

My guess is that McBeane is going to pass on this, so we won't have to worry.

But, I have been wrong before......... MANY TIMES. ?

Just now, njbuff said:

True.

My guess is that McBeane is going to pass on this, so we won't have to worry.

But, I have been wrong before......... MANY TIMES. ?

I would just rather draft a young hungry guy

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

if it's a fifth lets go. 

I was thinking a 6th, similar to Jordan Howard. As long as his fit in the locker room is ok (they'd have this intel from their RB coach), I think he's a perfect fit for what they'd be looking for. They've always carried a bigger short yardage back (Tolbert, Ivory, Gore).

Edited by CBD

3 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

I would just rather draft a young hungry guy

If you have a choice between a motivated, hungry young guy and a guy coming off 1,152 yards rushing and 76 catches you’d take the motivated hungry guy? I just don’t get that mentality. If we are talking about using a 5th round pick on Fournette or on a 5th round RB there’s no question IMO. You get the guy that you know can play. The goal is to win games not have a bunch of guys that we want to have a beer with. If that’s the real cost for Fournette this is an EASY decision.

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

How would they be in pass protection?  Odds are, not great.

FWIW, PFF graded Fournette as nearly the worst pass blocker in the NFL last year at the RB position. Notable players that graded worse:

• Tony Pollard
  • Phillip Lindsay
  • Adrian Peterson
  • Marlon Mack
  • Ito Smith
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If you have a choice between a motivated, hungry young guy and a guy coming off 1,152 yards rushing and 76 catches you’d take the motivated hungry guy? I just don’t get that mentality. If we are talking about using a 5th round pick on Fournette or on a 5th round RB there’s no question IMO. You get the guy that you know can play. The goal is to win games not have a bunch of guys that we want to have a beer with. If that’s the real cost for Fournette this is an EASY decision.

We have clearly been trying to build a culture here.  I am going with a team is fragile and a bad apple can ruin a bundle.  Just because he is productive does not mean he will fit into what we are doing here. 

That being said if we trade for him and he does great an no bad blood? Great good for us.  But I dont think Beane pulls the trigger on this for anything more then a 6th

Another thing to keep in mind is that we’d likely receive a compensation pick for Fournette if he were to sign elsewhere after next season. Probably recoup whatever we have up+

I think some of this stuff Off field stuff is getting overblown. he’s not perfect by any means. But I think motivated for another contract we’d be the beneficiaries of a really good year from him. 

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

We have clearly been trying to build a culture here.  I am going with a team is fragile and a bad apple can ruin a bundle.  Just because he is productive does not mean he will fit into what we are doing here. 

That being said if we trade for him and he does great an no bad blood? Great good for us.  But I dont think Beane pulls the trigger on this for anything more then a 6th

This locker room isn’t that fragile. They tried to trade for Antonio Brown!!! 

If Fournette comes in and is a TOTAL disaster you cut him. That may happen with the late round picks this years anyways. It’s time for the Bills to push their chips in. When a championship window is open you need to take advantage.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

FWIW, PFF graded Fournette as nearly the worst pass blocker in the NFL last year at the RB position. Notable players that graded worse:

• Tony Pollard
  • Phillip Lindsay
  • Adrian Peterson
  • Marlon Mack
  • Ito Smith

That should be a top priority for whoever is signed or drafted.

On 3/19/2020 at 9:10 AM, Victory Formation said:

I don’t think he’s that good, especially given his contract. I’d rather draft one.

I'll have to agree 100% there are enough good backs this year that would come a lot cheaper & get IMHO just as good of production as Fornette !! 

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Makes you wonder who’s leaking that info.  Can’t be the Jaguars since that would hurt his trade value unless they are complete morons or have already consummated a trade.  

Obviously doesn't help his trade value, but it could be a Jags person trying to explain to the fans why they're looking to trade their beloved RB.

19 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This locker room isn’t that fragile. They tried to trade for Antonio Brown!!! 

If Fournette comes in and is a TOTAL disaster you cut him. That may happen with the late round picks this years anyways. It’s time for the Bills to push their chips in. When a championship window is open you need to take advantage.

I've been thinking use a Day 2 pick on Rb. It's an important position for this team. If you can get a guy with this proven talent for a 5th, that frees up early picks for other positions. Edge, CB, big WR. Definitely worth the risk and it's always possible the culture and winning makes a positive change in the fella playing for his next paycheck.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1

no idea where this came from. If it is anything more than a 4th rounder, I am not interested. This draft is very deep in RBs. That said, Fournette is a different kinda runner than Motor and can pick up the really difficult 1 or 2 power yards. 

Edit: Maybe have a package deal for Fournette and Ngakoue - solve both our needs with one trade.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay