Would anyone look at maybe calling the Jaguars about Fournette?

If they want to dump his salary for a 6th rounder that's great, and we should do it(or sign a veteran back).  We need a #1b or #2 back.  Singletary has 180 career touches.  TJ Yeldon had 20 touches last year, and I would certainly not rely on him to be an effective runner, especially with an injury to Singletary.  I like them drafting a rookie, but he's just that, a rookie.  You don't go out and trade for a #1WR, and leave a huge question mark like that at RB.  

Some may not like it but Fournette is a pretty good fit for the bills. Not as ideal as finding a later round gem this draft but here you’d be getting a guy that can move the sticks. 

His contract makes it likely that he’d be a rental. But if we’re putting in all our chips this year you could definitely do worse than a Singetary- Fournette backfield. 

I wouldn’t give anything higher than a 5th, but the fit is there. 

51 minutes ago, Iamkrgr said:

Some may not like it but Fournette is a pretty good fit for the bills. Not as ideal as finding a later round gem this draft but here you’d be getting a guy that can move the sticks. 

His contract makes it likely that he’d be a rental. But if we’re putting in all our chips this year you could definitely do worse than a Singetary- Fournette backfield. 

I wouldn’t give anything higher than a 5th, but the fit is there. 

Is he going to play under his current deal for 1 year?  Or is he going to be a holdout distraction?  

I have no interest in an extension or 5th year option.  Would just buy you a year to draft someone. 

On 4/19/2020 at 1:00 PM, Rockinon said:

Probably asked to be traded. If they can't find a trade partner, they may just cut him. That would be the time to pounce. Giving up draft picks though?

If he's cut i'd want him even less.  Right now hes on a 1yr 4 million deal.  I know timing isn't great for him since a lot of teams are tapped out, but he'd probably want more than gordon, howard, and gurley.  He's better than gordon and howard, and doesn't carry an injury risk like gurley.  So he'd be looking for more money.

It would be very much like the time the bills gave Marcel Darius to Jax For a fifth rounder when he didn’t make economic sense for the bills and he was more of a distraction than he was worth.

Jacksonville was a contender at the time and the bills weren’t. They paid pennies on the dollar for Darius and the bills or any other team they traded for Leonard Fournette today would likely do the same. They are just cleaning out their cap anyway they can because the roster is a mess and they need to start over.

I loved Fournett coming out of LSU. While he hasn’t quite lived up to what I thought he was going to be, he still a bruiser that caught 76 passes last year. If the bills could get him for a fifth it will allow them to use that second rounder on an edge player that could step in for Hughes in the next year or two (They wouldn’t have to contemplate taking a running back in the second). 

Edited by mathja
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

Is there merit to this or is this just pure speculation?

Vegas doesn’t guess. It’s not fool proof but it’s got to be based on some information gathered.

Edited by mathja
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr Wild said:

Thats why I dont believe he would trade for him or Yannick

Who knows.

You can't have a team of ALL choir boys. 

You need your Reggie Jackson or Claude Lemieux types to be a champion.

Maybe McDermott can get something out of him. Again, who knows.

Just now, njbuff said:

Who knows.

You can't have a team of ALL choir boys. 

You need your Reggie Jackson or Claude Lemieux types to be a champion.

Maybe McDermott can get something out of him. Again, who knows.

Yes there is a difference between a lazy jerk and a motivated jerk