Would anyone look at maybe calling the Jaguars about Fournette?

40 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Read the Rams might cut Gurley if they can't find a trade partner. No way you trade for that contract.

Well, obviously the Gurley move/trade is purely a cap dump move bc the Rams cap has ALOT of issues.

I would take Gurley and a their 2020 2nd Round pick for Yeldon, Foster (WR), and a 2021 4th round pick. 

We can absorb Gurley's contract right?  This move also gets us a 2nd round pick to make up for the 1st we lost when getting Diggs.  Then after this year we can ask Gurley to restructure his contract at a MUCH lower cost or cut him.

Edited by hjnick

2 minutes ago, hjnick said:

If Fournette is in a contract year, it will be a much higher probability you will only have him for 1 year (unless you wanna pay the bum, which is what he wants...)

So I wouldn't give more than a 6th.  1year rental RB. 

Better to get a fresh RB in the draft.

We already have a young promising RB on his rookie deal for the next 3 years.  I think we’re in a spot where we can spend a 4th for a guy who could have a monster year even if it’s a 1 year rental.  And that 1 year is only gonna cost 4 million. 

10 minutes ago, hjnick said:

If Fournette is in a contract year, it will be a much higher probability you will only have him for 1 year (unless you wanna pay the bum, which is what he wants...)

So I wouldn't give more than a 6th.  1year rental RB. 

Better to get a fresh RB in the draft.

They actually have yet to decide whether or not they will pick up his 5th year option so it could be a 2 year deal at the very least

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

We already have a young promising RB on his rookie deal for the next 3 years.  I think we’re in a spot where we can spend a 4th for a guy who could have a monster year even if it’s a 1 year rental.  And that 1 year is only gonna cost 4 million. 

We are just debating about compensation for Fournette.   We both wouldn't mind getting him here in Buffalo and I think we are both realistic he's a short term lease.

Me personally, if we are going to use a 4th round pick on a RB, I'd rather that pick be used on a fresh RB in the draft.

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

I saw a post on here about going "all in" and while I think Diggs is a big move, I think there is one more that can be made. I looked at all the RB situations in the league and the one that sticks out to me the most is Leonard Fournette. The Jags have lost Ramsey, Bouye, Calais Campbell and could possibly lose Ngakoue. They seem to be on a rebuild and some players don't seem to want to player there. Fournette is only 25 and is still on his rookie deal. If we could get him with some draft picks for this year without digging into picks for next year, I think I would be all for calling the Jags and seeing what they would like for him. Another RB is something we need and there is no guarantee that we get one of the top guys in the draft. I feel like it could be worth at least a call

I'd want K.Hunt before looking at this guy.

1 hour ago, mushypeaches said:

RB is the last position that we should be investing FA resources on.  

Draft, Draft, Draft - stay young, cheap, and healthy at the position

Lather, rinse & repeat

That sounds good in theory, but rookies tend to suck in pass protection and that is a vital part of being a good RB.

The Bills need a veteran.  There's no way around it.

Edited by Chicken Boo

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

No.

Snag a RB in the 4th or later (even UDFAs). That is not the position to waste resources on.

WRT Fournette specifically, bad attitude and high price tag and banged up, so definitely not.

He's still on his rookie deal so he doesn't really have a high price tag

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

He's still on his rookie deal so he doesn't really have a high price tag

Good point, thanks for mentioning that.

Looking it up, it's still an $8MM price tag this year, and will either need a new contract or whatever we send in trade compensation gets wasted on 1 year. Even if Jags have to eat the $4MM bonus amount, still nah. JMO.

It's weird. I loved Fournette at LSU, but have hated him as a pro.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

8 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Hes not Trent Richardson level bust, but hes close.

Trent Richardson in 4 years

rushing 2033 yards 3.3 avg 17 TD

receiving 112 for 913 yards and 2 TD

Leonard Fournette in 3 years

rushing 2631 yards 4.0 avg 17 TD

receiving 134 for 1009 yards and 2 TD

Not really that close

• Haha (+1) 1