The China Problem

LeviF

Just now, LeviF91 said:

In times like these it's ok to use hyperbole to encourage corrective measures.  "Measured" responses don't get stuff done.  Trump knows this: it's a game of rhetoric now as every rhetorical debate is a proxy war for something else.

He's been screaming from on high that we are too reliant on China. He's been 1000% correct.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I do not think everything needs to be made here either. I do think we need national security and national health care products/concerns manufactured here. I think that is true for all first world countries.

I'll be damned if we have to make French wine here!

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I do not think everything needs to be made here either. I do think we need national security and national health care products/concerns manufactured here. I think that is true for all first world countries.

Food supply should be addressed as well.  Not saying we should do things that we do not do well such as cane sugar but make sure things such as farm equipment parts can be readily sourced.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

I'll be damned if we have to make French wine here!

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Or Italian wine!

Is it okay to cook Chinese food here? 

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Since our economy's going to swirl the hopper anyway, why not take the opportunity to embargo China? If we hurt, why not extend the pain to them as well.

See how the CCP does when their people don't eat.

Hooooh! Wood bee ack-a-tah ovh waah! Ack-a-tah ovh waah! 

Actually, I think President Trump will try to put Lijian Zhao and Chairman Xi's penises in a Chinese handcuff. 

Me, and an actual conversation i had with an insufferable lib friend one year ago:

Friend: Russia is the biggest threat to the US. And Trump is helping them. 

Me: Biggest threat? China is a way bigger threat to the US. Are you kidding?

Friend: Dude China is all the way on the other side of the world. They have

no affect on us at all.

Me: ...

• Haha (+1) 4

58 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I was so sure this thread was going to be about the horrible racism of Trump calling it the 'China Virus'.

...and why the 'eff shouldn't he?......only because he's President and it is racist according to MSM......how come the African Swine Flu gets a pass?......China Flu would be ethnically based racism whereas the African Swine Flu would have implications of skin color first IMO in the PC world.....

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I was gonna order Chinese food for dinner. Guess I'll have to rethink that since it is now rayyyyycissstttt.

well, ima just go out on a limb here and say... you probably don't want to call a Corona restaurant and order any COVID.