The China Problem

LeviF

This article says that over 500,000 Tibetans have been relocated by the Chinese since the beginning of 2020.

Odd that I couldn’t find that article doing a Google search, innit?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-china-sharply-expands-mass-labour-program-in-tibet/

A notice posted to the website of Tibet’s regional government website last month said over half a million people were trained as part of the project in the first seven months of 2020 – around 15 per cent of the region’s population. Of this total, almost 50,000 have been transferred into jobs within Tibet, and several thousand have been sent to other parts of China. Many end up in low paid work, including textile manufacturing, construction and agriculture.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/6/2020 at 11:43 AM, B-Man said:

LEBRON JAMES AND HOLLYWOOD WERE UNAVAILABLE FOR COMMENT: 

15 Percent of Tibet’s Population Transferred to Chinese Training Centers as Mass Labor Program Expands.

Unavailable because they won’t say anything that might offend their Chinese paymasters.

...NBA shocker, right?..."traveling" or "double dribble"...take your pick......SMH.............

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Trump allowed China to gain this power. 

Please tell us more here.  I thought it was during the Clinton administration when China was granted most favored nation trade status and the Bush administration following it up to make it permanent.  Those I believe are the events that started the process in motion.  A more important issue going-forward is will Biden's well documented contacts and dealings with China compromise US interests?   

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

Please tell us more here.  I thought it was during the Clinton administration when China was granted most favored nation trade status and the Bush administration following it up to make it permanent.  Those I believe are the events that started the process in motion.  A more important issue going-forward is will Biden's well documented contacts and dealings with China compromise US interests?   

Xi is already afraid of Biden so he has been right infront fo Trump who is best buds with Xi making trade deals with other countries as preparation for what Biden will do.

Trump mess up very badly with this world, it will take a very long time to fix. Good thing is the republican party has lost any sense of future they thought they had and sits in shambles.

• Haha (+1) 2