Interested in Carlos Hyde?

Having given this a great deal of thought, I agree with others that Hyde seems like the perfect complement to Singletary.  Spotrac lists his market value as $3M/year.  If that's even close to accurate, I'd sign him in a heartbeat.  This would not stop me from drafting another RB if there was good value to be had.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

I think he checks every box  

north south power back to complement singletary 

vet so he’s not going to be lost in pass pro

solid but not so spectacular that he’s going to threaten singletary for #1

You are right, didn't think about that...:doh:

Edited by HOUSE

On 3/18/2020 at 6:33 PM, aristocrat said:

1000 yard back? Sign me up

I think this would be a good get for the Bills he's a bigger back that could be used on the goal line & to get those tough yards i think Beane is just waiting to get him at a better price ...

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, GreggTX said:

He'd be my 3rd choice behind Lamar Miller and Matt Breida.

It might be the bad taste he leaves in FF plus his ACL but it's a no on Lamar Miller for me. I'd rather have Hyde or even better a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I don't know, but I think Breida can sign with any team and the Niners can match. If they don't match, the Niners don't receive any compensation.

Correct me if I am wrong?

If they don’t match they get the other teams second round pick. In theory a team that really wants him could negotiate different compensation with the Niners, like a 4th rounder or something, but that rarely happens. Sometimes a team puts the tender on a guy in hopes of trading him later for something less. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown