Interested in Carlos Hyde?

Like others have said, he is a excellent back for what we need. A change-up to Singletary that is a ground and pound kind of guy who would lead to sustained drives and less passing pressure on Allen.

Drop Murphy and sign Hyde with money saved from Murphy for 2 years. Then get a RT upgrade.

• Like (+1) 1

I’d just as soon pass on Hyde.  He will be 30 years old at season’s start.  RB is a position where I question the true need for a “veteran in the room”.  I understood why they wanted Frank Gore last season - he is a perfect model of how the team wants their players to train and act and he had the resume to command that respect.  Hyde doesn’t have that kind of resume and while he has had an OK career, what can you really expect from him at 30?

If the money is close, use it to re-sign CB Kevin Johnson and then take a RB in 2nd or 3rd this year.

Edited by OldTimer1960

A general question "interested in X" is only half the equation - what are the terms.  Hyde for vet min - yes.  Hyde for $10 million/year then no.

No need to overpay when in round 2/3 you can get comparable talent.  So if in the $2-3 million range than I would consider all else being equal.

Yes ! Freeman would be a good fit too, at a cheap price for sure he’s only 27 if I’m correct and he might have some juice left. 

2 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

Lamar Miller foist

Donta Freeman second

I don't care third

then Carlos Hyde - maybe

• Like (+1) 1