Pandemics are boring

Honestly, my wife and I are largely introverts, so staying at home and keeping to ourselves is just natural. Evenings in the yard with booze and a book as my cats wander around. Always try to read a fiction and nonfiction book alternating as I get bored due to my ADD.

And while Hawaii has a "shelter in place" order, essential activities like grocery shopping and exercise are allowed as long as Social Distancing (inevitably the "word of the year" for 2020) is maintained.

Well, my exercise is surfing and even though they've closed beaches so it's a little more difficult to get to the water, you're still allowed to surf so long as you maintain that 6 feet.

Surfed all by myself today. Social Distancing was easy.

Trying to help the Kupuna and students who need to eat in the process.

Thought I would really watch a lot of Netflix and Amazon Prime during this time, but I've been pretty busy.

Part of the fortunate few and I'm extremely grateful for that.

How many of you are literally quarantining yourselves to your house?

Edited by transplantbillsfan

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Honestly, my wife and I are largely introverts, so staying at home and keeping to ourselves is just natural. Evenings in the yard with booze and a book as my cats wander around. Always try to read a fiction and nonfiction book alternating as I get bored due to my ADD.

And while Hawaii has a "shelter in place" order, essential activities like grocery shopping and exercise are allowed as long as Social Distancing (inevitably the "word of the year" for 2020) is maintained.

Well, my exercise is surfing and even though they've closed beaches so it's a little more difficult to get to the water, you're still allowed to surf so long as you maintain that 6 feet.

Surfed all by myself today. Social Distancing was easy.

Trying to help the Kupuna and students who need to eat in the process.

Thought I would really watch a lot of Netflix and Amazon Prime during this time, but I've been pretty busy.

Part of the fortunate few and I'm extremely grateful for that.

How many of you are literally quarantining yourselves to your house?

If I lived in Hawaii, I would be doing the same thing as you! Surfing everyday sounds awesome! 

I think as the weather gets better for us poor schlubs in the northeast, we will hopefully be getting out more and less stir crazy. 

12 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Took video games back up...

dusted off the old Xbox 

Yeah I’m playing a few games that I’ve been wanting to play for a while now but just didn’t have the time. Had a couple I bought a while ago, and plan to get a couple more off the Xbox store. 

Do you have an Xbox one? Or is it the older 360?

Let me know if you want any game recommendations (and what type of games you like best).

On 3/22/2020 at 1:34 PM, WhoTom said:

Maybe celebrity cameos on Batman will entertain you:

This really took me back, in the best possible way.

It's also nice to think about a time in life when we called that team in New England the Patsies.

Bought  Scrabble for our 7 year old grandson.

THe scrabble junior version looked too young, so we

got the regular version.

He loved it.

The board is on a "lazy Susan" so it can rotate on the table.

Pretty cool.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah I’m playing a few games that I’ve been wanting to play for a while now but just didn’t have the time. Had a couple I bought a while ago, and plan to get a couple more off the Xbox store. 

Do you have an Xbox one? Or is it the older 360?

Let me know if you want any game recommendations (and what type of games you like best).

xbox one. I was gifted it three(?) years ago, took it out of the box and played it a handful of times. 

I recently took up Call of Duty War Zone. The free beta version is a download that allows for online battle royale mode.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

xbox one. I was gifted it three(?) years ago, took it out of the box and played it a handful of times. 

I recently took up Call of Duty War Zone. The free beta version is a download that allows for online battle royale mode.

Xbox has this deal going where you can convert an Xbox gold membership to Xbox ultimate for free (or $1). 

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/gold/upgrade

You can convert up to 3 years worth of Xbox gold. You can only buy a 1 year subscription from the game store, so if you want to do all 3 years you have to buy 2 more 1yr subscriptions from amazon (you get an instant code, then just add both to your Xbox account). 

1 year of Xbox gold is about 1/3 the price of 1 year of Xbox ultimate so it’s a good deal.

Game pass has a bunch of games (at least 100-200 at any given time, with some big name titles (NBA 2020, Witcher 3, Grand Theft Auto 5 (best game ever!), they even have some of the PlayStation yakuza series up right now). I’m definitely enjoying it, and for what averages out to $4.99 a month it’s worth it for me, especially right now.

You can only do that $1 deal once though. So if you want to do it and get the most for your money just make sure you add your Xbox gold subscription first.

• Like (+1) 2

My early morning walks have turned into early morning runs. Got up to 8k covered this morning through the deserted streets of my beautiful city. 

I’m determined to make some good out of this bad situation. 

Anybody have a PS4? My son does and I’m starting to play a few games on there to pass the time. FIFA 20, Madden 20 and The Golf Club 2019. 

I’m not very good at them. Especially FIFA and Madden but can be competitive on TGC. If anyone fancies a trans-Atlantic game give me a shout. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BritBill said:

My early morning walks have turned into early morning runs. Got up to 8k covered this morning through the deserted streets of my beautiful city. 

I’m determined to make some good out of this bad situation. 

Anybody have a PS4? My son does and I’m starting to play a few games on there to pass the time. FIFA 20, Madden 20 and The Golf Club 2019. 

I’m not very good at them. Especially FIFA and Madden but can be competitive on TGC. If anyone fancies a trans-Atlantic game give me a shout. 

Bravo. If I ran 8k I would be coughing and spluttering so much I'd be rushed to the ICU !

• Thank you (+1) 1