Pandemics are boring

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/hbo-free-streaming-us-launch-1234570139/

The free #StayHomeBoxOffice programming — served up without any ads — includes every episode of nine HBO series: “The Sopranos,” “Veep,” “Succession,” “Six Feet Under,” “The Wire,” “Ballers,” “Barry,” “Silicon Valley” and “True Blood.” Also available to watch without an HBO subscription are 20 movies from corporate sibling Warner Bros. and 10 HBO documentaries and docuseries.

As of Friday, April 3, at 8:30 a.m. ET the mobile apps and websites for both standalone streaming service HBO Now (hbonow.com) and HBO Go (hbogo.com) for pay-TV subscribers each display a new row that says, “Stream for Free: No Subscription Required.

If you’ve never watched these series I’d definitely recommend checking them out. Especially The Wire (maybe the best series ever), The Sopranos & Ballers (it’s a show w/Duane “the rock” Johnson about the NFL. If you’re a sports fan you will most likely really enjoy the series. There’s even some bills related mentions).

We’ve set up a street WhatsApp group for people to stay in touch and offer/request help during the restrictions.

As it turns out, the fella 3 houses down is a Seahawks fan (could be worse, right?) but he was actually at the Bills 2012 season opener at the Jets. I chose not to discuss the game

too much. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/7/2020 at 6:32 AM, BillsFan4 said:

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/hbo-free-streaming-us-launch-1234570139/

If you’ve never watched these series I’d definitely recommend checking them out. Especially The Wire (maybe the best series ever), The Sopranos & Ballers (it’s a show w/Duane “the rock” Johnson about the NFL. If you’re a sports fan you will most likely really enjoy the series. There’s even some bills related mentions).

Ballers is good, also watched Silicon Valley.

I have wanted to watch Veep and Barry

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

VALU Home Centers just sent me an email titled 'BIG News is Coming Tomorrow! ?'  With an emoji like ?, what do I conclude?  Covid 19 detected in their warehouse?  They bought out Lowe's?  They're bringing back the annoying dancing guy?  

The Dancing Guy has detected COVID-19 in a Lowe's Warehouse?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

VALU Home Centers just sent me an email titled 'BIG News is Coming Tomorrow! ?'  With an emoji like ?, what do I conclude?  Covid 19 detected in their warehouse?  They bought out Lowe's?  They're bringing back the annoying dancing guy?  

Is Jay Glazer working for VALU now?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2020 at 1:39 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Broadcastify.com.  Zooming around listening to various public services, airports, etc.  Like having a scanner without range limits.

As an update to this, I am amazed at the law enforcement agencies that have these 'golly gee' computer systems and programs that are designed to give the officer in the car a wealth of information.  More often, the system is not working, or officers cannot log on.

On 4/4/2020 at 9:27 PM, thenorthremembers said:

Had the sad feeling tonight this is never going to be over and we are all going to eventually die.   Thats after a few beers.

We're all going to eventually die my man, but we also need to get back to living before that happens. Let's go.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/1/2020 at 6:45 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

We're all going to eventually die my man, but we also need to get back to living before that happens. Let's go.

Here in NH or governor extended the stay at home order till the end of May. But you know what? No one cares. I had to get something for my pool Saturday. Poll store was open. (Essential?) No one wearing masks or gloves. Driving back  traffic was as usual. Every store I saw was open. So from my perspective people have stopped caring or worrying about it.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Here in NH or governor extended the stay at home order till the end of May. But you know what? No one cares. I had to get something for my pool Saturday. Poll store was open. (Essential?) No one wearing masks or gloves. Driving back  traffic was as usual. Every store I saw was open. So from my perspective people have stopped caring or worrying about it.

That's what it seems like to me as well. The weather yesterday probably had something to do with it, but there were people out all over the place. The first 60 degree day of the year combined with being cooped up for the last month and a half had people wanting to get outside. 

• Like (+1) 1

“ 'I’m bored’ is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless; it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say ‘I’m bored.”

- Louis CK (who, yes, I'm aware is cancelled now).

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

NH has less cases than Erie ounty.

On 3/28/2020 at 1:39 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Broadcastify.com.  Zooming around listening to various public services, airports, etc.  Like having a scanner without range limits.

Further to my original post, I found a lot of interesting listening at the scanners here.  Just a few minutes ago, a road crew foreman in a radio call to his staff told them to leave a document on his desk.  "If you could do that, it would be amazing", he said.

Good help must be hard to find these days.  I would think following his instructions would have merely been competent.  ?

I offered to clean my neighbours' windows during the restrictions and it kind of snowballed into me setting up a window cleaning business.

This will be extra to my "normal" job as a Fund Accountant. So far I've enough custom for a extra day's work a month. With a bit more basic marketing I'm confident of getting this up to 2 days a month which will make me around a further £3k a year which will boost my pension pot or even get me back over to Buffalo for a game. 

Window cleaning was my first job when I finished school and I ended up doing for 3 years while I lived the fun life while I was between 18 and 21. I settled down in life after that but I always wanted to go back to working in a job I felt my happiest. The current situation opened the door to this and I've taken a small step in. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I offered to clean my neighbours' windows during the restrictions and it kind of snowballed into me setting up a window cleaning business.

This will be extra to my "normal" job as a Fund Accountant. So far I've enough custom for a extra day's work a month. With a bit more basic marketing I'm confident of getting this up to 2 days a month which will make me around a further £3k a year which will boost my pension pot or even get me back over to Buffalo for a game. 

Window cleaning was my first job when I finished school and I ended up doing for 3 years while I lived the fun life while I was between 18 and 21. I settled down in life after that but I always wanted to go back to working in a job I felt my happiest. The current situation opened the door to this and I've taken a small step in. 

The finest song ever written about cleaning windows ; - )

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/12/2020 at 10:34 AM, BritBill said:

Do you use a squeegee? I've heard coffee filters are a nice truck? Windex or a home made remedy?