Pandemics are boring

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

She has a ring on and so do I which makes me a little sad. She seems like a nice lady.

She’s actually a teacher who is a friend of our friend.... also a teacher....and like minded on fractions.  ?

On 3/18/2020 at 7:15 PM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

It’s been a few days of self-quarantine since traveling abroad. My wife and I have no symptoms and did not travel to a country of concern. That being said, we decided that we’d self quarantine (no work, no stores, nothing) to be safe about the possible transmission of COVID19 in the event we may have it. 

so far we’ve used instacart for groceries, and have enjoyed the dogs, Netflix, a jigsaw puzzle, cleaning/organizing, etc. 

I can’t keep this up for 5 more weeks. What do you guys do at home to pass the time?! 

Pandemics are Boring

I, myself, am a certified All-Pro Couch Potato. Drafted out of Lazy State University in the first round of '82, destined for the Couch of Fame when I hang 'em up. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Augie said:

I could possibly be a math tutor for homeschool kids? 

Math teachers shouldn't consume alcohol. It's not safe to drink and derive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

A good friend of mine works in maintenance  at St. Joe's hospital in Cheektowaga (converted to amCoV-ID19  facility last week). He's retiring May1. Already had it scheduled  before all this. I think he's burning off his sick days and vacation.

Edited by Wacka

I ran 12km this morning. Took me a bit longer than the 1 hour Boris has given us but what can you do? 

On a rather strange and disgusting note, I ran by some chancer ***** on someone’s driveway. 

We’re living in very strange times. 

On 3/18/2020 at 4:45 PM, Blokestradamus said:

Maybe I'm completely weird but I've got really into videos of haircuts. I started off just looking for ideas of what to do with my hippie hair but it's oddly satisfying.

I started watching planes landing in strong crosswinds, which led to the Jet Blast Challenge in St Maarten, where tourists line up at the chain link fence behind where jetliners rev up to take off!

Plenty of crazy stuff on youtube - Russian dashcams, BattleBots, and many many more!

11 hours ago, Wacka said:

A good friend of mine works in maintenance  at St. Joe's hospital in Cheektowaga (converted to amCoV-ID19  facility last week). He's retiring May1. Already had it scheduled  before all this. I think he's burning off his sick days and vacation.

Good ole sloppy joes. Surprised your friend wasn’t accidentally operated on working in that joke of a hospital. 

They almost killed my friends mom with their incompetence about a month ago. NEVER GO TO THAT HOSPITAL FOR ANY REASON. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

3 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Good ole sloppy joes. Surprised your friend wasn’t accidentally operated on working in that joke of a hospital. 

They almost killed my friends mom with their incompetence about a month ago. NEVER GO TO THAT HOSPITAL FOR ANY REASON. 

He knows better. He had prostate cancer aa little over a year ago.  No symptoms except an elevated PSA. Went to Roswell.  Had the doc that teaches all the other docs in this part of the state to do the robotic surgery.He's fine now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/31/2020 at 10:07 AM, Poleshifter said:

I started watching planes landing in strong crosswinds, which led to the Jet Blast Challenge in St Maarten, where tourists line up at the chain link fence behind where jetliners rev up to take off!

Plenty of crazy stuff on youtube - Russian dashcams, BattleBots, and many many more!

I've watched a few of those Go Pro videos uploaded by pilots. As someone that loves a process and instructions to follow, it's bliss watch pre-flight and landing checklists.

For anyone that likes their history, Oversimplified is a great YouTube channel. Especially if you've got kids at home for the time being. Accurate but humourous.

I have Flight Aware loaded on my cell phone, just so I can look up at a plane flying overhead and learn details of the flight.  With a lot of the commercial flights canceled, the app is now showing the smaller planes.  Most don't file a flight plan (only airfield origin), and it seems many are flying inspection routes or logging hours.

I had all my kids sports activities in my calendar and every time a reminder pops up and I have to hit dismiss I get more pissed. Just got furloughed for 2 weeks minimum. Got a ton of stuff to do around the house, but I don't want to spend any money.