Pandemics are boring

12 hours ago, /dev/null said:

You think you're bored?  Try buying a gun.  A friend of mine spent 12 hours waiting for the background check to finish.

That's how backed up gun stores are

Tell him good luck when they open hunting season on those able to buy toilet paper.

On 3/18/2020 at 7:16 PM, teef said:

try doing it with a 2 and a 5 year old.  i'll be in jail soon.

https://freedomhomeschooling.com/virtual-field-trips/?fbclid=IwAR3Z9N_fCvQLP-LsU23qS0KrVDWg1DytWn1Rwt-G1UOjPstmjeO7yXuy1bI

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=928061324035591&id=546717678836626%3Fsfnsn%3Dmo&hc_location=ufi

bunch of homeschool groups on Facebook and various web pages

There is help at hand.  Be strong.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think I might trying to start to (re)learn Spanish. There are lots of language learning apps out there and I have an iTunes credit, so why not.

Or I thought about taking some online courses. You can find a # of free courses if you look around.

I also downloaded a couple free workout apps and am doing an exercise routine every day now. 

I’ve also been playing video games, watching TV/streaming services.

Started watching “The Wire” again on the HBO go app.

Need to catch of up “better call Saul” on Netflix. 

I started watching a new series on Netflix called “Tiger King: murder, mayhem and madness”. It’s pretty crazy so far. Worth checking out.

Well, our PM announced that all of New Zealand will be going into "Stage 4" (lockdown) beginning tomorrow.  She said it would last for at least the next 4 weeks, but quite possibly more.

So... it looks like I'll be joining you guys in this thread!

I'll be working from home for a little bit, but my in-coming work will dry up pretty quickly.  So, what to do then?

I hope to use (some of) my time getting healthier.

I turned 50 this year, and Lord knows I could drop a few pounds.

It's been ages since I've last done yoga, so I promised myself to do that on a nearly daily basis.  It's going to be a pain in the backside, getting into it again.

We're having beautiful late summer/early autumn weather right now, so it'll be great to hit the trails on the mountain bike, or have a paddle in the bay.

I may also pick up the guitar again and properly train myself this time.  I've been a "beginner/intermediate" skilled player for a long time and would love it if I could get passed this plateau.  (If anyone has good online guitar lessons suggestions, please tell me.)

Anyway, I wish all you guys up north nothing but the best of luck.

As Red Green used to always say... "Remember, I'm pulling for you.  We're all in this together."  

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Well, our PM announced that all of New Zealand will be going into "Stage 4" (lockdown) beginning tomorrow.  She said it would last for at least the next 4 weeks, but quite possibly more.

So... it looks like I'll be joining you guys in this thread!

I'll be working from home for a little bit, but my in-coming work will dry up pretty quickly.  So, what to do then?

I hope to use (some of) my time getting healthier.

I turned 50 this year, and Lord knows I could drop a few pounds.

It's been ages since I've last done yoga, so I promised myself to do that on a nearly daily basis.  It's going to be a pain in the backside, getting into it again.

We're having beautiful late summer/early autumn weather right now, so it'll be great to hit the trails on the mountain bike, or have a paddle in the bay.

I may also pick up the guitar again and properly train myself this time.  I've been a "beginner/intermediate" skilled player for a long time and would love it if I could get passed this plateau.  (If anyone has good online guitar lessons suggestions, please tell me.)

Anyway, I wish all you guys up north nothing but the best of luck.

As Red Green used to always say... "Remember, I'm pulling for you.  We're all in this together."  

I thought Red Green always said the "Keep your stick on the Ice" and "If they don't find you Handsome, they should atleast find you handy...."

Ontario is closing all 'Non-Essential Businesses' by tomorrow at midnight. Problem is no one's sure what's essential, the government is making a list and releasing it tomorrow. Only thing that's said to be staying open are the government owned/run Liquor and Beer Stores.....