What would an “All In” move be to you?

Virgil

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

George? You think he has anything left? Will he stay motivated after selling his tequila business? Would we have to move training camp to Lake Como? I doubt that’s wise for this season. 

Yes. Someone posted a pic of him in his leather helmet. Looked like a beast. Would be a nice addition. 

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

Yes. Someone posted a pic of him in his leather helmet. Looked like a beast. Would be a nice addition. 

He is one handsome dude!   :)

Hard to tell the two of us apart! 

The all in move will likely come during the season if the Bill's record is looking good come mid October.

I think there will be some interesting names to be had before the trade deadline this season, especially with teams that have crappy records and might be looking to tank for Trevor.

These aren't necessarily players I think the Bills would be interested in, but players like:

Christian McCaffrey

Julio Jones

Julian Edelman

Jamal Adams

Stephon Gilmore

DJ Moore 

I believe might be available for the right price.  And one last name, and this one gets to your question:

Khalil Mack

Imagine a pre Halloween trade for one of the best DE's in the game, for a contract, that in a year or 2 is actually going to look well below market.  I've always had a gut feeling Khalil Mack will end his career in Buffalo, that said, the dead money he'd leave behind for the Bears in a trade probably doesn't make him moveable until a year or 2 from now, at the soonest. 

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Kalil Mack. 13 mil this year and 17 mil next year (base salary) are more palatable now that Lawson and Phillips each got 10 mil a year.

Not sure what portion of the signing bonus or salary Chicago would eat.

He is 28-29, loves Buffalo, adds the Pass rush difference maker and has a favorable out in 2022, when JA needs to be extended.

Would rather have him than Ngouke or Clowney.

I would gladly give next years first and this years second to land Mack in a bills uniform. 
Problem is for some reason Chicago thinks they’re in the same window to win now. Maybe mid season if they flop he’ll become available and be for much less compensation. 

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Estro said:

I believe might be available for the right price.  And one last name, and this one gets to your question:

Khalil Mack

Imagine a pre Halloween trade for one of the best DE's in the game, for a contract, that in a year or 2 is actually going to look well below market.  I've always had a gut feeling Khalil Mack will end his career in Buffalo, that said, the dead money he'd leave behind for the Bears in a trade probably doesn't make him moveable until a year or 2 from now, at the soonest. 

34 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I would gladly give next years first and this years second to land Mack in a bills uniform. 
Problem is for some reason Chicago thinks they’re in the same window to win now. Maybe mid season if they flop he’ll become available and be for much less compensation. 

Kalil Mack to Buffalo for a SB run just feels like good karma, doesn't it?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Trade this year's 2 and next years 1 for Khalil Mack.  

I can live with missing out on Fowler/ Armstead/ Lloyd, letting Lawson and Phillips go, not going balls in on Clowney or Ngouke if we get the Mack Attack in town!

Diggs, Maddison AND Mack. Now we're talking SB!!! Do it when your QB is on his rookie contract.

PUSH THE CHIPS IN

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

With Brady leaving, the Jets and Dolphins figuring things out, and two years until we have to pay Josh, what would be your ideal ”All in” front office move to take advantage of these next two years?

The Hooper thing still bothers me as I think we’d have the best offensive weapons in the league and be almost indefensible.  

I definitely want a RB in rounds 2 or 3, especially if it’s one of the top 3 guys. 

I don’t have a great feeling about Yannick or Clowney, but I think they respect they’d command would make our defense terrifying.

Of the two, I’d prefer Clowney because he can “technically” drop back into coverage and wouldn’t require giving up a pick.  

Either way, I’d do a heavily front loaded deal for the first two years that either gives us an out or drops the salary dramatically.  

A part of me really wishes we got a Diggs for a second, because I’d really love to be able to trade up for Simmons.  

What’s your “All In?”

Doing whatever is necessary to secure McCaffrey and TJ Watt

We trade the rest of our 2020 draft picks and our 1st in 2021 for Christian McCaffrey.

Carolina is in a complete rebuild and gets like 7-8 picks, and we get a #1 receiver/#1 running back that allows Allen to manage the game with handoffs and short passes that lead to chunk yards.

7 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Virgil I like the way you think. Clowney on a 4 year deal and draft Jonathan Taylor @ 54. Immediately we become one of the top 5 teams in the NFL.

Quit Clowney-ing around!   He’s overrated.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Utah John said:

I don't really want the Bills to go all in on a single year.  I really like McBeane's approach, to build a sustainable structure that dominates and becomes a long-term magnet for talent.  I would not be surprised if Beane has a 5 year plan, for how he'll handle future player staffing to remain OK with the salary cap throughout.  Going all-in is sexy and all, but every decision needs to be evaluated in terms of this year and subsequent years.

This is not the year, anyway, with the AFCE playing the AFCW and NFCW.  Too much travel.  No AFCE team will have a great record, good enough for a first round bye, and I would be surprised if any wild card teams come from the AFCE.  I think the Bills win the AFCE and make it to the AFC championship game, where they'll lose in KC.  2021 will be the year of the great record, and the SB, I think.

This ⬆️ - do not go all in like the Rams did because you end up in a bad place quickly.

The Bills need to keep adding and building the team consistently and that will allow them to continue to be good even after you pay guys like Tre White and Allen.

You go all in and then get one big injury -a la Gurley in LA - and everything falls apart super quick. Chicago tried going all in with Mack and that trade has not worked out either. 

10 hours ago, Virgil said:

With Brady leaving, the Jets and Dolphins figuring things out, and two years until we have to pay Josh, what would be your ideal ”All in” front office move to take advantage of these next two years?

The Hooper thing still bothers me as I think we’d have the best offensive weapons in the league and be almost indefensible.  

I definitely want a RB in rounds 2 or 3, especially if it’s one of the top 3 guys. 

I don’t have a great feeling about Yannick or Clowney, but I think they respect they’d command would make our defense terrifying.

Of the two, I’d prefer Clowney because he can “technically” drop back into coverage and wouldn’t require giving up a pick.  

Either way, I’d do a heavily front loaded deal for the first two years that either gives us an out or drops the salary dramatically.  

A part of me really wishes we got a Diggs for a second, because I’d really love to be able to trade up for Simmons.  

What’s your “All In?”

we did, it was Stefon Diggs

13 hours ago, Virgil said:

What’s your “All In?”

I'm glad we didn't invest in the fool's gold that is Hooper. Making him the highest paid TE was one of the most idiotic signings in FA(just my 2), especially considering there are at least 3-5 TE's who are currently better than him right now. It was a Browns type of move for sure. 

If we sign Gordon I don't see us taking a RB except maybe on a late round flier. If not I believe it is definitely in play for day 2 of the draft. 

If we are going to get a DE, I would want Clowney over Ngakoue and on a 1-2 year deal. I'm not sending a pick to the Jags and then having to negotiate with a guy who believes he should be getting $20,000,000-$22,000,000 a year like he is the best DE/Edge Rusher in the league right now. He's not. If we made that move I would bang my head against a wall. If we got Clowney, saying if he chose to sign a short term deal here, I believe that would signal the FO was going all in on this year.

Even still I think us ponying up for Diggs is a sign of what this organization is hoping to accomplish. Brady is gone, the Jets are the Jets with Adam Gase at the helm (insert floating taco gif), and the Dolphins have A LOT of new pieces they are going to try to fit together. We have our entire starting offense intact from last year (I count Singletary as the starter) plus we added Stefon Diggs. On defense we have a bunch of new pieces, but the main 4 they signed already know the defensive scheme so there is no learning curve. If we can stay healthy, and if Josh takes a similar step forward in year three comparable to the progress he showed in year two, then there is absolutely no reason this team should not be right there at least in the AFC Title game. We have a good team folks and our success is not a flash in the pan. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think if the Bills somehow managed to land Jonathan Taylor or JK Dobbins that would be an all in move to me. At that point we’d be loaded at every position and would simply have to draft for depth. But to be honest, I think trading for Stefon Diggs is about the closest thing you can get to an all in move. Bills now boast a top 10 WR unit. Diggs is a true #1, Brown and Beasley will now face 1 on 1 coverages and defenses will not be able to stack the box against Singletary. If you include a potentially elite RB like Taylor or Dobbins, Buffalo should have a top 10 offense so long as Allen continues to grow. But Stefon Diggs was our “all in” move.

• Like (+1) 1