What would an “All In” move be to you?

Virgil

It WAS Dante Fowler for me until yesterday.   If we offered Shaq 9M we could have cut Trent and met Dante's 16m that Atlanta just paid him.

Elite DE last year, would have made this pass rush so freakin nasty.  The guy is 270lbs but speed like a linebacker.  Won them 2 games last year.

• Like (+1) 2

The obvious choice is signing Clowney or trading for a DE, Addison was a solid addition but he's 32 years old and Hughes is on the wrong side of 30 also. Clowney would not only be the starter right away he'd be our future also probably signing a 4-5 year deal I'd assume. 21M is outrageous but I'm thinking 15M-16M considering Jerry Hughes cap hit is 11.5M I'd say that looks about right. He's not the bull rushing Mario Williams but he brings pressure, hurries, enough sacks to make a difference and makes big plays at crucial times of the game. If the muscle core surgery isn't a factor then I'd really like to see us make a play for him. I'd take Clowney over Gordon any day of the week imo.

I think the defense is going to be top 10 whether they get an elite DE or not. Can't say the same for the offense, and the glaring hole at the RB position. Frank Gore got a lot of touches last year, even when Singletary was healthy. His production should be easy to replace by going for a FA RB with a name I've heard before, or getting one in the earlier rounds of the draft.

On 3/18/2020 at 6:14 PM, Virgil said:

With Brady leaving, the Jets and Dolphins figuring things out, and two years until we have to pay Josh, what would be your ideal ”All in” front office move to take advantage of these next two years?

The Hooper thing still bothers me as I think we’d have the best offensive weapons in the league and be almost indefensible.  

I definitely want a RB in rounds 2 or 3, especially if it’s one of the top 3 guys. 

I don’t have a great feeling about Yannick or Clowney, but I think they respect they’d command would make our defense terrifying.

Of the two, I’d prefer Clowney because he can “technically” drop back into coverage and wouldn’t require giving up a pick.  

Either way, I’d do a heavily front loaded deal for the first two years that either gives us an out or drops the salary dramatically.  

A part of me really wishes we got a Diggs for a second, because I’d really love to be able to trade up for Simmons.  

What’s your “All In?”

You would need that second and a lot more to trade up into the top 5 from 22

On 3/18/2020 at 8:42 PM, Locomark said:

I was kidding about. He's too dumb to play in this offense.... Clowney for 1 year would be great but it won't happen. They are going with what they got at DE. They might splurge on a CB2 though...

Lol the offense he played his entire career in?

I wouldn't want Clowney.  He may be that kind of guy to blow up another team's offense...if he wants to.  He seems to either not want to, or he gets hurt.  For the money that he wants, I'd stay put with what we've built with the current crop of players - both FAs and roster guys.

7 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

You would need that second and a lot more to trade up into the top 5 from 22

Lol the offense he played his entire career in?

Did you ever see what Gronk was asked to do? He ran 3 patterns. Curl, seam, corner route.   We are not running an offense with a 20 year QB telling him what to do in the huddle. Yes he is an idiot. 

With Hughes, Addison, Jefferson, Murphy, and Johnson - I think they're more than set at DE and don't expect to see any more moves there. Certainly not Clowney or Ngakoue. Unless you're planning on trading Jerry Hughes to someone. As well as moving on from Murphy. I think they brought in Addison to start and Jefferson to be 3rd DE off the bench at worst. And you wouldn't bring in either Clowney or Ngakoue to do anything but start either.

Edited by BillsFanForever19