What would an “All In” move be to you?

Virgil

There are different kinds of “all-in” approaches.  I will give it a stab of what a Beane all-in would look from this juncture.

To be clear I believe we already made our all-in choice with the Diggs trade.   He instantly changes this offense for the better.

Defensive end - With the Addison move, we now have two quality pass rushers at that position and quality depth behind them.   I don’t foresee any splash moves there.

Defensive tackle - With the moves they have made and Phillips returning and with the expected improvement from Oliver I don’t see anything there.

Linebackers - considering we have Milano and Edmunds and the off season moves we have made I don’t expect any big moves there.

DB’s -  We already have good players here, just a little added depth is needed.

QB - nothing here needed

WR’s - we already made our move with Diggs

Fullback-  I don’t think there is a such thing as a splash FB move.  But an upgrade is possible

Tight end-  With Kroft emerging and Sweeney showing promise and the restructuring of Kroft who I believe they want to give a true opportunity I don’t believe this is a likely area that they look to make a splash move.  Not out of the realm of possibility but not a likelihood.

Offensive Line -   This could be an area where the Bills make a move for a higher end lineman.  So I think this position is a candidate.

Runningback-  This would be an area that they could make a splash move even though I think the draft is where they go.

in short, I think the Bills are looking really good going into the season provided Allen continues his upward trajectory.    If they do make a splash move from here I think it would be an offensive lineman.

49 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I think if the Bills somehow managed to land Jonathan Taylor or JK Dobbins that would be an all in move to me. At that point we’d be loaded at every position and would simply have to draft for depth. But to be honest, I think trading for Stefon Diggs is about the closest thing you can get to an all in move. Bills now boast a top 10 WR unit. Diggs is a true #1, Brown and Beasley will now face 1 on 1 coverages and defenses will not be able to stack the box against Singletary. If you include a potentially elite RB like Taylor or Dobbins, Buffalo should have a top 10 offense so long as Allen continues to grow. But Stefon Diggs was our “all in” move.

Two thoughts on this.  

I’d argue we have a top 3 receiving core now. I have a hard time actually thinking who has better, but I’m not going to say it’s the best.  

I also want a stud RB and one of the top 3 guys, but I also want Singletary to remain the starter.  I worry about a true split of the load.  But maybe I’m old fashioned and that doesn’t matter anymore.  I think about the Saints with Kamara and Ingram.  It was great for a bit, but only last so long 

Just now, Virgil said:

Two thoughts on this.  

I’d argue we have a top 3 receiving core now. I have a hard time actually thinking who has better, but I’m not going to say it’s the best.  

I also want a stud RB and one of the top 3 guys, but I also want Singletary to remain the starter.  I worry about a true split of the load.  But maybe I’m old fashioned and that doesn’t matter anymore.  I think about the Saints with Kamara and Ingram.  It was great for a bit, but only last so long 

Top 3? You think so? Perhaps.

As far as RB goes, you give Singletary his carries, but the problem we had last year was our offense was stagnant when Gore and Yeldon were in there. There’s plenty of carries for a second back. 

I do still feel like one more big move is needed. Not someone that's gonna break the bank but a good RB or another good player. What would it take to get Leonard Fournette out of Jacksonville?

Edited by Buffalo03

13 hours ago, offyourocker said:

Problem is that he wants 20 mil a year

I talked about this in another thread.  I wouldn't pay Clowney straight up 20Mil/yr.  I would pay him a base of 10-12Mil and give him incentives to get up to 18-20MIL.

If the dude produces... I'd pay him.  Good for the Bills and good for him to make those incentives.

• Like (+1) 3

Trade for Ngakoue. Sign Freeman as RB2. The biggest hole on this roster is RT and I'm hoping Ford turns into less of a mess than he was last year. You could draft a RT, but I dunno that you'd be getting a better on the field product and we just invested a 2nd rounder on Ford, so I don't see that position changing. We absolutely need to sign a better boundary corner than Norman, but I feel like they think there is enough competition at CB2 now, so I doubt that happens.

Edited by ndirish1978

18 hours ago, BigBillsFan said:

There was only 1 other "all-in" move other than Diggs and that WAS Hooper. All of the D acquisitions might help a bit, but Hooper was THE game-changer with Diggs. If he had Hooper we would know absolutely what we have in Allen. As much as I may have said Allen needs improvements I think he would instantly change the offense.

The TEs for the Ravens make it easy on Lamar. We needed that.

Diggs is great and a coup by itself, but Hooper was the complete "all-in" for offense and the team. The only way they could rectify this is a trade for a great TE but I don't see how at this point. 

I know he is not Hooper but if the FO feels we really need another TE we can have Ebron or Walker, both of them are still really good. I would take Walker.

But at this point, All IN would have to be Clowney + Gordon on 1 year deals. We have the money to do it this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Antonio said:

I know he is not Hooper but if the FO feels we really need another TE we can have Ebron or Walker, both of them are still really good. I would take Walker.

But at this point, All IN would have to be Clowney + Gordon on 1 year deals. We have the money to do it this year. 

I really like the idea of adding Ebron 

• Like (+1) 2

The all-in move for me would be be to trade whatever it took to Tennessee for Derrick Henry.  The Defense is already pretty solid and with Henry joining Singletary in the backfield, we would be able to put up points and keep potent offenses like the Chiefs off the field.  That would be my' win this year' move.

• Like (+1) 1

IMO the Bills two biggest needs are RB1b and QB2.

If the Bills sign Gordon, and trade up for QB in 2nd(to compete with Barkley and develop), I don't see any holes, and I see much quality depth. In Beane I trust

52 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

The all-in move for me would be be to trade whatever it took to Tennessee for Derrick Henry.  The Defense is already pretty solid and with Henry joining Singletary in the backfield, we would be able to put up points and keep potent offenses like the Chiefs off the field.  That would be my' win this year' move.

Ok, you gotta identify whatever.  My whatever Would be 2021 first, and our 2nd and 4th this year.  I do want the Hammer but he won’t come cheap.

• Like (+1) 1

The Diggs move did it for me.

If you are looking for one more to really seal the deal, I'd say trading our 2020 and 2021 2nd round picks for Yannick.

I'm 50/50 on Clowney and go back and forth all the time. Have loved watching him play since South Carolina, and dude has talent, but he kills his teams with the penalties. And while I typically like to have one player on D who plays on that edge and sometimes draws the flag, his penalties are BAD penalties. Jumping on hard counts almost every time, etc.

If the Bills landed him I wouldnt be upset tho. But I think I prefer Yannick.

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

Ok, you gotta identify whatever.  My whatever Would be 2021 first, and our 2nd and 4th this year.  I do want the Hammer but he won’t come cheap.

Actually, that about mirrors what I was thinking. I figured it would take next years 1 and a couple of picks this year at a minimum. But like the said, it would be a win now move for sure. 

• Like (+1) 1