What would an “All In” move be to you?

Virgil

With Brady leaving, the Jets and Dolphins figuring things out, and two years until we have to pay Josh, what would be your ideal ”All in” front office move to take advantage of these next two years?

The Hooper thing still bothers me as I think we’d have the best offensive weapons in the league and be almost indefensible.  

I definitely want a RB in rounds 2 or 3, especially if it’s one of the top 3 guys. 

I don’t have a great feeling about Yannick or Clowney, but I think they respect they’d command would make our defense terrifying.

Of the two, I’d prefer Clowney because he can “technically” drop back into coverage and wouldn’t require giving up a pick.  

Either way, I’d do a heavily front loaded deal for the first two years that either gives us an out or drops the salary dramatically.  

A part of me really wishes we got a Diggs for a second, because I’d really love to be able to trade up for Simmons.  

What’s your “All In?”

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

I would go after Clowney on a 3-4 year deal, draft WR/RB in in rounds 2 and 3, and then BPA after that.  Clowney is obviously the centerpiece of "All-in" for me.  I would also consider trading next year's first if you could get an impact starter at EDGE or TE

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

With Brady leaving, the Jets and Dolphins figuring things out, and two years until we have to pay Josh, what would be your ideal ”All in” front office move to take advantage of these next two years?

The Hooper thing still bothers me as I think we’d have the best offensive weapons in the league and be almost indefensible.  

I definitely want a RB in rounds 2 or 3, especially if it’s one of the top 3 guys. 

I don’t have a great feeling about Yannick or Clowney, but I think they respect they’d command would make our defense terrifying.

Of the two, I’d prefer Clowney because he can “technically” drop back into coverage and wouldn’t require giving up a pick.  

Either way, I’d do a heavily front loaded deal for the first two years that either gives us an out or drops the salary dramatically.  

A part of me really wishes we got a Diggs for a second, because I’d really love to be able to trade up for Simmons.  

What’s your “All In?”

From this point, I'd say bringing in a Top end DE, like you said.  Clowney would blow the top off this defense.

Another move we could make would be to pick up OT Trent Williams from Wash in a trade.  I saw somewhere they would take a 2nd for him.

Those 2 moves solidify both lines. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, hjnick said:

From this point, I'd say bringing in a Top end DE, like you said.  Clowney would blow the top off this defense.

Another move we could make would be to pick up OT Trent Williams from Wash in a trade.  I saw somewhere they would take a 2nd for him.

Those 2 moves solidify both lines. 

Would you move Dawkins to RT?

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Clowney hasn’t found the market that he thought he’d find. Now isn’t a bad time to try to slide in the back door and get him in. That would be the biggest “all in” move at this point.

Ya I agree slide in the back door and go All-in!!!

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Virgil said:

What’s your “All In?”

There was only 1 other "all-in" move other than Diggs and that WAS Hooper. All of the D acquisitions might help a bit, but Hooper was THE game-changer with Diggs. If he had Hooper we would know absolutely what we have in Allen. As much as I may have said Allen needs improvements I think he would instantly change the offense.

The TEs for the Ravens make it easy on Lamar. We needed that.

Diggs is great and a coup by itself, but Hooper was the complete "all-in" for offense and the team. The only way they could rectify this is a trade for a great TE but I don't see how at this point. 

Edited by BigBillsFan

Clowney makes no sense.  We just paid starter money to Addison and signed Jefferson too.  Thats a lot of dough to pay guys to sit on the bench while also paying Clowney to start.  

Had we not just signed them both, I would think we may be a potential landing spot still.  But I just don't think Beane signs both those guys if he has any intention on pursuing Clowney.  

My guess is they aren't interested at all, or initially were and just were not going to get to any where near what he wanted in money and moved on to other options.  Bet same thing with Quinn...once he saw what he was going to make, I am sure Beane lost interest on that bloated contract.  

• Like (+1) 1

I don't really want the Bills to go all in on a single year.  I really like McBeane's approach, to build a sustainable structure that dominates and becomes a long-term magnet for talent.  I would not be surprised if Beane has a 5 year plan, for how he'll handle future player staffing to remain OK with the salary cap throughout.  Going all-in is sexy and all, but every decision needs to be evaluated in terms of this year and subsequent years.

This is not the year, anyway, with the AFCE playing the AFCW and NFCW.  Too much travel.  No AFCE team will have a great record, good enough for a first round bye, and I would be surprised if any wild card teams come from the AFCE.  I think the Bills win the AFCE and make it to the AFC championship game, where they'll lose in KC.  2021 will be the year of the great record, and the SB, I think.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1