We are looking at Melvin Gordon according to this tweet

3 hours ago, mjt328 said:

If it was just spending Terry & Kim Pegula's money, nobody would worry about it.  Go ahead and throw $10 million per year at Melvin Gordon.

But because of the salary cap, overspending will eventually catch up to you.  

Maybe not this year.  Maybe not even next year.  But somewhere down the line.  The dumb money you threw at one player who failed to contribute, will ultimately result in you being forced to cut/let go a player that does contribute.  

In today's NFL, avoiding big money to Running Backs should be "Cap Rule 101."  No position breaks down faster after the age of 25 than RB (Gordon is 26).  And rookie RBs taken in Rounds 2-3 frequently outperform the high-paid vets.  Instead of wasting big bucks on free agents, RB is a position that you should just plan on drafting a new guy on Day 2 every couple years.  Rinse and repeat.

I also think the gap between Gordon and Carlos Hyde is much smaller than you think.  Hyde is older (which should factor in), but in many ways he actually played better than Gordon last year.

I think beane is going for it all with this roster for the next 2 seasons. Most contracts either expire or have an out in 2 years, so anything they do now is to win now. Overpaying for a star, I'm assuming Gordon is a star, is worth it if you can afford it for at most 2 seasons. We only have about 15 players that have contracts that are still active in 2022, this we be a much different team then.  Win now.

On 3/18/2020 at 4:11 PM, njbuff said:

RB's don't get huge contracts anymore. If Brady wants him, he will get him.

My question is when did $5to $8 million a yr become not a huge amount of money ? In my world that's a huge amount of money i just don't care what you all is talking but that S**T is a lot of money !!! Just saying ...

Edited by T master

2 minutes ago, T master said:

My question is when did $5to $8 million a yr become not a huge amount of money ? In my world that's a huge amount of money i just don't care what you all is talking but that S**T is a lot of money !!! Just saying ...

McCoy's contract was an albatross just a few years ago.

The numbers you just posted are the norm now.

2 minutes ago, T master said:

Since the Ryan Tannehill's of the world started getting $100M contracts. 

It's all in context. In the world of NFL contracts, it's not a steep commitment. 

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

McCoy's contract was an albatross just a few years ago.

The numbers you just posted are the norm now.

Well then give me some of that normal it may be for them but it sure ain't no where near normal for most of us & they should all realize just how blessed they are to be getting paid like that to play a game but i would bet the majority of them don't because it has become the norm !!

7 minutes ago, T master said:

These guys make more in one paycheck then most of us make in a year !!!  

Edited by Putin

Just now, T master said:

Well then give me some of that normal it may be for them but it sure ain't no where near normal for most of us & they should all realize just how blessed they are to be getting paid like that to play a game but i would bet the majority of them don't because it has become the norm !!

Their bodies would tell you otherwise when they are no longer playing.

1 minute ago, Putin said:

These guys make more in one paycheck then most of us make a year !!!  

Exactly then they B word about not making enough money when these guys do that i say put them out on a job as a masons tender for about 2 weeks in August lets say in south Georgia & then have them go back to their facilities & see if their attitude has changed any .

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I’m not saying I doubt it happening, but I definitely doubt any substance from this source, including their having any real agent or NFL insider access.  Again, not trying to be “that guy”, but there are more than a few erroneous claims on their twitter that are just nonsense (let’s say just based on my opinion).  To me, this is IC Bob type of goodness.  If I were a gambler, I would say I would bet on a 1 year deal with KC.  Again, I have absolutely no knowledge or intel (or above average intelligence for that matter).  Just a hunch.

Just now, babulator said:

I dont know what to think of this, Ive been up and down on this for days now. Is he right, is JW right, it's worse than the news of the damned corona!

Just sign somewhere already!!! lol

Reading between the lines with the context Wawrow provided, Bills offered low, perhaps lower than other teams. Gordon's team is feigning interest in Buffalo to drive up the offer from someone. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Wawrow said we aren't pursuing him at all. Seems to think he ends up in KC or Denver but was sure to say he is not an option for us.

Thanks for the return, that’s okay we still have the draft to grab an other RB to play with Devin. ?

« If » we decide to draft one during the 2nd round we could have a surprise, I’m pretty sure that a guy like Clyde Edwards from LSU could still be available. 

Just now, babulator said:

Ok, so his agent is using us to drive up the cost to TB. Got it.

Damned agents.

Maybe Tampa will call the agents bluff and tell him see you later....and we drive the price back down and sign him 2 yr 10mil