We are looking at Melvin Gordon according to this tweet

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Mostert and Edwards had a similar number of carries as Singletary and DS didn't lead the Bills in carries either. Either way his yds per carry was impressive and top 3 in the league.

Sorry, didn't realize they had that many carries.  My bad.  I saw them but thought they had a lot less carries.  

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Most NFL teams don't have backs who can outrun an entire defense for a 70 yard TD run.   Thurman Thomas and Emmitt Smith weren't considered "homerun" backs.  They are Hall of Famers though.  And Singletary is short, he is not small; there is a difference.  If the Bills use him more there will be more big plays.  He's good.  Don't overthink it.  

Can we get our Kenneth Davis then?  Would love for Taylor or Dobbins to fall to us in 2nd round.

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

Most NFL teams don't have backs who can outrun an entire defense for a 70 yard TD run.   Thurman Thomas and Emmitt Smith weren't considered "homerun" backs.  They are Hall of Famers though.  And Singletary is short, he is not small; there is a difference.  If the Bills use him more there will be more big plays.  He's good.  Don't overthink it.  

Word. Let's get a nice complimentary back and be happy as Hell with our run game.

Just now, JR in Pittsburgh said:

what’s the opposite of F5? I really hope this falls through, unless we are talking about a 1-year deal.

It's likely a 1 yr deal, at most 2 yrs

How can it really hurt??? The guy is a complete back, and will complement Singletary perfectly. He catches well out of the backfield and is a terrific goal line threat. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TOboy said:

It's likely a 1 yr deal, at most 2 yrs

How can it really hurt??? The guy is a complete back, and will complement Singletary perfectly. He catches well out of the backfield and is a terrific goal line threat. 

hope you are right. I will be positive about him if we do sign him. It’s just that I would much prefer someone who has more upside and explosiveness, and think you can find a guy like that just about anywhere in the draft. 

23 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

what’s the opposite of F5? I really hope this falls through, unless we are talking about a 1-year deal.

Why are you so concerned about signing a backup running back?

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Seeing the cost of Rb I would prefer Carlos Hyde for less than 3mil a year for two years than 6 mil for Gordon. Both will be backups and Hyde is a good complement to Singletary.

But Gordon is much better, why not aim higher? If Beane is ok with spending the money I don't understand why fans worry about it.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Mostert and Edwards had a similar number of carries as Singletary and DS didn't lead the Bills in carries either. Either way his yds per carry was impressive and top 3 in the league.

Devin is a #1 RB. He may not be a combine warrior but the kid is a stud on the field. I truly think the Bills are looking for a Gore replacement to complement Devin. Not someone to take his place.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Seeing the cost of Rb I would prefer Carlos Hyde for less than 3mil a year for two years than 6 mil for Gordon. Both will be backups and Hyde is a good complement to Singletary.

Either one is fine I will trust their judgment. Tbh they are both good players and as RB2 pretty damn good 

• Like (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, klos63 said:

But Gordon is much better, why not aim higher? If Beane is ok with spending the money I don't understand why fans worry about it.

The only disagreement you and I have is the "much" part. I think Hyde is a 6.5 and Gordon is a 7. Better but not worth 3 million more.

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Devin is a #1 RB. He may not be a combine warrior but the kid is a stud on the field. I truly think the Bills are looking for a Gore replacement to complement Devin. Not someone to take his place.

Either one is fine I will trust their judgment. Tbh they are both good players and as RB2 pretty damn good 

I would not be upset if we sign Gordon as long as it is 2 years at most. I just prefer Hyde for 2 years 

23 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Devins solid, but he’s no home run threat.... bills need a guy who can score from anywhere on the field, IMO.

See:  Brown, John.  

See:  Diggs, Stefon.

I am more concerned about our RB's moving chains then just homerun speed.  I mean the obsession with the home run long TD runs is crazy to me.  That happens a few times a year at best.  But moving chains happens on every drive on every carry.  Get me the guy who gets me the most consistent YPC and is a TD threat in the Redzone.

Homerun long TD runs by a RB is over rated and the least important part of a RB's job.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The only disagreement you and I have is the "much" part. I think Hyde is a 6.5 and Gordon is a 7. Better but not worth 3 million more.

I would not be upset if we sign Gordon as long as it is 2 years at most. I just prefer Hyde for 2 years 

I think Gordon is probably much better than Hyde,  younger too. Gordon is explosive in rushing and receiving. Every team needs a quality backup, one capable of starting if needed, I think  Gordon is the best bet, but I'll trust whatever Beane does.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I think Gordon is probably much better than Hyde,  younger too. Gordon is explosive in rushing and receiving. Every team needs a quality backup, one capable of starting if needed, I think  Gordon is the best bet, but I'll trust whatever Beane does.

I will trust Beane because he has earned it- you not yet.?

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

See:  Brown, John.  

See:  Diggs, Stefon.

I am more concerned about our RB's moving chains then just homerun speed.  I mean the obsession with the home run long TD runs is crazy to me.  That happens a few times a year at best.  But moving chains happens on every drive on every carry.  Get me the guy who gets me the most consistent YPC and is a TD threat in the Redzone.

Homerun long TD runs by a RB is over rated and the least important part of a RB's job.  

I agree, but they are sure nice to have and fun to watch!

The RB also needs to be a damn good receiver as well

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 2