We are looking at Melvin Gordon according to this tweet

Just now, klos63 said:

But if you can afford a better player, why not sign him as opposed to someone not as good? That was my point. You have the cap space, it seems like Beane is going all out to win now, let's get the best possible players if we have the cap to do so.

How do you know another RB isn't better?   Or maybe as good, but $3-$4 million cheaper?    High-priced RBs are a bad use of cap space, even if it is a one or two year contract.

If you fill your rotational RB need and have money left to sign another quality CB or OL or WR with the savings from not signing Gordon at $6-$7 million, the team would be stronger IMO...

10 minutes ago, DJB said:

Improving the run will open up the pass game. 

I'm not a huge M Gordon fan but I'm interested to see where this goes

If you have two lead backs, you’ll have to feed them both....which means we will be passing less.  If we hadn’t just given up a 1st for Diggs, I would be more open to Gordon.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

How do you know another RB isn't better?   Or maybe as good, but $3-$4 million cheaper?    High-priced RBs are a bad use of cap space, even if it is a one or two year contract.

If you fill your rotational RB need and have money left to sign another quality CB or OL or WR with the savings from not signing Gordon at $6-$7 million, the team would be stronger IMO...

You got me, I don't know if there is a better RB, but I've watched Gordon and many other RB's and I think he's one the better ones and I want to be sure of who we sign.  He's a dynamic runner and receiver out of the backfield. Knows how to get in the endzone a lot too.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Lots of chatter on Gordon to Buffalo on a one year prove it deal. With Gurley released it only should drive the price for Gordon down.

He'd come if the $ is ok and he likes the project.  Can't see Buffalo as a great "prove it" stop with a young RB already on the roster looking to increase his usage.  

Edited by stony

51 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I take it you don’t feel they will be any better as a unit after a season of playing together?
  I would think just having more experience as a group would increase their capacity for better play, at least that is what is touted by those that are supposed to know these things. 

Go Bills!!!

I think they will be improved, I also think they need more talent.

30 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If you have two lead backs, you’ll have to feed them both....which means we will be passing less.  If we hadn’t just given up a 1st for Diggs, I would be more open to Gordon.

It's pretty evident this regime doesn't care about numbers or any players getting fed the ball.

They care about winning  

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, wppete said:

Miami is going after Gurley hard. I really hope we end up with Gordon. I’m ok with $8million a year. 3 year contract.

Where did you see Miami going after Gurley, haven’t seen anything yet

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

It's pretty evident this regime doesn't care about numbers or any players getting fed the ball.

They care about winning  

Idk why but McD reminds me of Lou Saban. Didn’t care about stats or how many players got fed the ball. Only cared about winning football games

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

A good offensive line would go a long way to creating more points as well. People can pretend all they want but the Bills don't have one yet.

I think the offensive line is hovering around average. The right side could use some work. 

11 minutes ago, DJB said:

They care about winning  

I think they do.  It will take big money to sign Gordon and you’re going to do that for a part time player?  It’s the exact reason why we cut Shady.

Then we invested a 1st round pick on a WR to open up the passing game.

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Looks like Buffalo is really pursuing Gordon. Give him a 3 year 10 million contract. Then we officially have a 1-2 punch combo with Singletary and Gordon in our backfield

He's not signing here or anywhere else for 3.3 mill per season

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think they do.  It will take big money to sign Gordon and you’re going to do that for a part time player?  It’s the exact reason why we cut Shady.

Yeah but we traded for Shady and we gave him a whole new contact after he still had 4 years left on his old deal. Shady to me was somewhat of a disappointment and we didn’t have QB when we had Shady in the beginning. Gordon could benefit for a change of scenery , plus he could definitely help Allen as well. Gordon is a threat in the passing game

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think they do too and don't see Devon as a lead back.  I don't either but get beat up for it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We dont know the cost for Gordon yet so it's not possible to debate whether we overpaid or not.