We are looking at Melvin Gordon according to this tweet

16 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Okay, but who’s actually available for the upgrades you would like to see?? 
inquiring minds...

There were great players available when this started but it's just not a priority evidently. There were excellent players available relatively cheap even, Glasgow and Bulaga would have been my targets, they signed for a million more than they gave DT Butler who was average and will only play part time.

I think besides QB the offensive line is the most important group. If there is no push and Josh has little time to throw, which was the case last year, the weapons can only help so much.

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

There were great players available when this started but it's just not a priority evidently. There were excellent players available relatively cheap even, Glasgow and Bulaga would have been my targets, they signed for a million more than they gave DT Butler who was average and will only play part time.

I think besides QB the offensive line is the most important group. If there is no push and Josh has little time to throw, which was the case last year, the weapons can only help so much.

You realize Butler had his breakout second half after our dline coach Eric Washington took over as coordinator down in Carolina? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

I take it you don’t feel they will be any better as a unit after a season of playing together?
  I would think just having more experience as a group would increase their capacity for better play, at least that is what is touted by those that are supposed to know these things. 

Go Bills!!!

28 minutes ago, WMDman said:

Garafolo just said he doesnt believe that Melvin will be a bill....

Wtf does he know... ?

6 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

Can't say if this is true, but if it's his agent driving up the price, move on.

He needs to fire his agent. He could have had $10M/yr last season before he held out. Congrats, you just played yourself.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Did I say I was opposed to spending money?    Nope.

I said why spend starter money on a rotational RB.   When those dolars could be allocated to other needs by drafting/signing a lower cost RB.    

But if you can afford a better player, why not sign him as opposed to someone not as good? That was my point. You have the cap space, it seems like Beane is going all out to win now, let's get the best possible players if we have the cap to do so.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I’d rather not sign him.  Singletary is our lead back and we just picked up Diggs....let’s throw the football.

Improving the run will open up the pass game. 

I'm not a huge M Gordon fan but I'm interested to see where this goes

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

As we saw in SF - having a stable with fresh legs and flexible based on your opponent can be a huge asset. 

lets draft a RB too.  CEH fits perfect.  One year prove it deal for Gordon.  CEH takes over next year.  We get draft comp for Gordon