We are looking at Melvin Gordon according to this tweet

10 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

What position, outside of RT which may be much improved with the maturation of Ford, would you say we could upgrade at to be “good”? I would say we have a “good” offensive line with some very good pieces.

Both of the guard positions could be improved upon, those guys are average at best. The Bills line last year was near the very bottom in power running and stuff rate. That measures the ability to gain a yard when needed and how often runs get stuffed for no gain or a loss. In other run block categories they were average at best.

Also Josh Allen was tied for last in the league in pocket time at 2.3 secs. That is the time from snap til pocket collapses.

Edited by Turk71

1 minute ago, WMDman said:

so anybody got any good recopies? 

We just baked a loaf of bread with parmigiana Romano & other seasoning in it, really yummy ? 

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Adding Gordon would mean we have no real holes left on offense. There are questions about Allen and Ford but nothing imminent that we need to add. I still see #2 CB and edge rusher as holes so I can see us going after those in the draft. Otherwise we are set up very well to left the draft fall to us and take BPA at every pick.

I'd say the weakest positions would be RT and TE, then WR depth.

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Both of the guard positions could be improved upon, those guys are average at best. The Bills line last year was near the very bottom in power running and stuff rate. That measures the ability to gain a yard when needed and how often runs get stuffed for no gain or a loss. In other run block categories they were average at best.

Also Josh Allen was tied for last in the league in pocket time at 2.3 secs. That is the time from snap til pocket collapses.

Okay, but who’s actually available for the upgrades you would like to see?? 
inquiring minds...

36 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm mixed on this.   Paying a guy $6-$7 million to be a rotational RB?     

I'd much rather draft a RB or get a cheaper veteran option and put those savings to work elsewhere.... 

What's the point of starting with $85m in cap space if you don't use it.  Adding Diggs and then Gordon would be an amazing influx of talent.  I don't care about the salaries, I'll let Beane worry about that. Many contracts currently on the roster are done in the next 2-3 years, we really have no cap concerns.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

What's the point of starting with $85m in cap space if you don't use it.  Adding Diggs and then Gordon would be an amazing influx of talent.  I don't care about the salaries, I'll let Beane worry about that. Many contracts currently on the roster are done in the next 2-3 years, we really have no cap concerns.

Did I say I was opposed to spending money?    Nope.

I said why spend starter money on a rotational RB.   When those dolars could be allocated to other needs by drafting/signing a lower cost RB.    

7 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Okay, but who’s actually available for the upgrades you would like to see?? 
inquiring minds...

There were great players available when this started but it's just not a priority evidently. There were excellent players available relatively cheap even, Glasgow and Bulaga would have been my targets, they signed for a million more than they gave DT Butler who was average and will only play part time.

I think besides QB the offensive line is the most important group. If there is no push and Josh has little time to throw, which was the case last year, the weapons can only help so much.