We are looking at Melvin Gordon according to this tweet

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

had to look twice and then again at your avatar.
Appropriate for the FA signing Season

I’ve caused more problems by defending John, then I ever intended.  ‘Tis the season.  Can I blame any of this on Melvin’s agent, too?

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So looking through his twitter and Wawrow hasn't really called any of the FA moves.

Closest I found was this.

He doesn't really call we are in on this guy; he will say no we aren't if there is a lot of chatter though

11 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

is it bad i understood him ?

image.jpeg.efec302c88bb91324d5ab3e3e589e02c.jpeg

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

Are you just still hung up on his 40 time, or do you have some sort of actual basis for this hot take?  General consensus is he proved himself a capable starter being top 5 in multiple metrics.

He’s perfect in his current role, but defenses don’t have to worry about him ripping off a 70 yard TD run.  He’s also not the guy you want getting the tough yards in power sets.  He also isn’t a guy you want to spend a lot of time picking up blitzes.  You probably don’t want him taking a lot of hits, either.

in the NFL, there are small backs who get the bulk of the carries because they are really fast.  There are slow backs who get them because they are so big.  You aren’t going to find a lot of small, slow backs getting 60 snaps a game, though.  

Let him be the guy who comes in here and there to give the defense a little different look and them get him out of there once they figure him out.

3 hours ago, Mango said:

I think the offensive line is hovering around average. The right side could use some work. 

I would like to see Dawkins and ford replaced. Ford can hopefully play guard

3 hours ago, Mango said:

I think the offensive line is hovering around average. The right side could use some work. 

6 minutes ago, DFT said:

I’ve caused more problems by defending John, then I ever intended.  ‘Tis the season.  Can I blame any of this on Melvin’s agent, too?

I like your avatar quiet well I meant to say. scooby do is okay by me

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

He doesn't really call we are in on this guy; he will say no we aren't if there is a lot of chatter though

And it would be almost purely speculation on his part because talks didn’t pick up steam until later.  From there, it turned into something.  So he would have been completely fibbing if he said it was anything other than an educated guess. Totally agree.  

And by by no means am I saying Talbot, draft scouts or any of those folks are lying.  I’m saying that John is one of the few folks still plugged in with OBD and that some of these other sources are more reliant on agents info.    And some are just the equivalent of incarcerated Bob, which is a lie with guessing ability.

Definitely didn’t mean to come across any other way.   ?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

so what exactly are you saying here ?

: D

Epic Beef Nachos Supreme (Better Than Taco Bell)

53366SHARES

You need to make this epic beef nachos supreme at your next game day. Seasoned ground beef, refried beans, cheese, tomatoes and green onions make such a great flavor combination.

Sheet pan beef nachos supreme with refried beans, cheddar, Monterey Jack tomatoes and green onions

Have you got your menu all set for Super Bowl Sunday this weekend? If not, you do now. ???

These nachos were inspired by my teenage days when we used to frequent Taco Bell. My repeat order was beef nachos supreme. This recipe is the next level version of that. Way better quality and taste, with the same familiar flavor combination.??

???

Epic Beef Nachos Supreme

Sturdy chips, y’all

You want to start with a good, sturdy tortilla chip. None of the thin and crispy ones.??‍♀️

You want something that can easily handle the epic toppings. I like the Costco Kirkland brand organic tortilla chips. That is what is pictured here. You can use any brand, but just aim to get the sturdy ones.

Report this ad

I lined a baking sheet with parchment paper and put a generous layer of the chips on it. Then I start to layer on my ingredients.

Refried beans

I spooned on canned refried beans. They are thick, but I just make little evenly-dispersed piles. They will spread as they heat up.

Report this ad

Or, as one commenter smartly suggested, you could heat them a little first (in the microwave, in a glass container).

About the ground beef: I like to use the best I can find. We are really loving ButcherBox right now! (I am an affiliate, but I purchase a box every month). The beef is grass fed, grass finished, and tastes fantastic!

butcher box ground beef on marble counter with cilantro

I season the ground beef with my homemade taco seasoning. It is super easy to mix up, pinkie promise! Feel free to substitute a seasoning packet if you wish. But I dare you to try mine! You may never buy the packets again.

cooking ground beef in a large pan

Best type of cheese for beef nachos

Next I sprinkled on the cooked seasoned ground beef and TWO kinds of cheese – cheddar and Monterey jack.

Report this ad

Epic beef nachos supreme

Epic beef nachos supreme

If you want the cheese to melt smoothly, I suggest buying a block and shredding it yourself. If you have a food processor, you can grate two blocks in a minute or less using the grater attachment.  That being said, it will still be delicious with pre-shredded cheese.

Then I bake it for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. After taking it out, I add on the tomatoes and green onions. Of course you can do more add ons if you want. But this is a solid base recipe.

And since I am super-fancy, I serve them right on the sheet pan. ?

Epic beef nachos supreme

And voila, you have a better-than-Taco-Bell version of beef nachos supreme! Hey, that’s why football watching food is my favorite. Super casual, super chill and epically delicious!

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Billl said:

He’s perfect in his current role, but defenses don’t have to worry about him ripping off a 70 yard TD run.  He’s also not the guy you want getting the tough yards in power sets.  He also isn’t a guy you want to spend a lot of time picking up blitzes.  You probably don’t want him taking a lot of hits, either.

in the NFL, there are small backs who get the bulk of the carries because they are really fast.  There are slow backs who get them because they are so big.  You aren’t going to find a lot of small, slow backs getting 60 snaps a game, though.  

Let him be the guy who comes in here and there to give the defense a little different look and them get him out of there once they figure him out.

Most NFL teams don't have backs who can outrun an entire defense for a 70 yard TD run.   Thurman Thomas and Emmitt Smith weren't considered "homerun" backs.  They are Hall of Famers though.  And Singletary is short, he is not small; there is a difference.  If the Bills use him more there will be more big plays.  He's good.  Don't overthink it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Singletary fumbled 4 times in 180 touches last year. Gordon fumbled 4 times in 200 touches, touches include receptions. Singletary gained over a yard more per touch. 

Sure, but that brings him up to 8 fumbles total over his last 4 years and roughly 1,000 touches.  I mean it could turn out to be an unusually high number for Singletary, but we know it’s abnormally high for Gordon.

I'm a fan of DS.  He’s a uniquely effective player.  I just think he was used exactly right this season.  I strongly suspect you would have seen diminishing returns very quickly with more carries.

Edited by Billl

34 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Singletary was tied for 3rd in the league among rbs in yards per carry and it's not like he was running behind a top run blocking unit. I don't understand the lack of appreciation.

We appreciate him, but he's a shifty player. We don't have that "when you need one yard, and the defense knows you need that yard he's gonna run for it" guy

Well, we do but right now it's Josh Allen

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

Singletary was tied for 3rd in the league among rbs in yards per carry and it's not like he was running behind a top run blocking unit. I don't understand the lack of appreciation.

He actually tied for the lead with all full time RB's.  

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

why round two early ?
we have talked about Taylor at 22 i think ?

I mentioned him making it to early second , and wouldja ?

who you have in mind at that pick 

We don't have 22 anymore. And Taylor will definitely be gone by 54. I've got my eyes on J.K. Dobbins from Ohio State, Cam Akers from Florida State, Clyde Edwards-Helaire from LSU, or A.J. Dillon from Boston College. 

Depending on how the board is falling, it's possible one of them is there at 86. But I wouldn't risk it. Especially if there's someone Beane would ideally like as Singletary's change of pace.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He actually tied for the lead with all full time RB's.  

Mostert and Edwards had a similar number of carries as Singletary and DS didn't lead the Bills in carries either. Either way his yds per carry was impressive and top 3 in the league.

• Like (+1) 2