We are looking at Melvin Gordon according to this tweet

12 minutes ago, DJB said:

We can't say for sure the  #.

And to me Singletary  is a high end backup  and I've been preaching  all offseason we draft a better RB.

Are you just still hung up on his 40 time, or do you have some sort of actual basis for this hot take?  General consensus is he proved himself a capable starter being top 5 in multiple metrics.

Just now, Nihilarian said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/19/report-melvin-gordon-has-no-offers-close-to-the-one-he-turned-down-in-2019/

Now he’s a free agent, and not only is he still not getting the offer he wants, but he’s not even getting an offer as good as what the Chargers offered last year.

Knew this was gonna happen. Has he fired his agent yet?

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We are looking for a replacement for Gore, not singletary. 

I think limiting Singletary to 21 touches is the move.  Having a back that can handle the rest without a drop off is huge.  The offense stalled when Gore was in the game.  The offense was predictable. 

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/19/report-melvin-gordon-has-no-offers-close-to-the-one-he-turned-down-in-2019/

Now he’s a free agent, and not only is he still not getting the offer he wants, but he’s not even getting an offer as good as what the Chargers offered last year.

I think they offered him something crazy like $10 million per year last year, right? No way he gets anywhere near that now.  

11 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Are you just still hung up on his 40 time, or do you have some sort of actual basis for this hot take?  General consensus is he proved himself a capable starter being top 5 in multiple metrics.

Has nothing to do with his numbers. He played really well for us.

A few issues I have with him. 

- I think hes good but not great.

- His pass protection and pass catching are average at best. 

- I dont think physically he can handle being a bell cow guy

I see no reason why we cant upgrade him and by doing so upgrade our entire offence

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Jared Goff is certainly part of the problem.  But the team would still be in deep cap trouble, even if Goff was playing really well.

And if it wasn't for that terrible no-call against the Saints, the Rams wouldn't have even gotten to the NFC Championship game.

I always hated the Rams approach.  Thanks to their cap situation and lack of draft capitol, it may be 2-3 more seasons before they are even back into playoff contention.

Personally, I prefer the New England approach.  It's not about amassing a group of superstars, and making one desperate shot at the trophy.  It's about building a cohesive and consistent team that can compete every single year, regardless of injuries, free agency, etc.  If you can constantly field a team that wins 70-75% of your games for 10-15 years straight, odds are that you will eventually get a real shot at the trophy.

I recall a couple years ago when they signed everyone saying that Mcvay wouldn't be golden boy once cap hell hits.  Let's see how he does this year.  

2 hours ago, DJB said:

Improving the run will open up the pass game. 

I'm not a huge M Gordon fan but I'm interested to see where this goes

I concurr. Not a big fan of his either. I'd rather have Gurley if he's healthy. However, both would be a welcomed upgrade to our offense. It's just a matter of compensation.

‘Tis the season!  Wawrow is ultra plugged.  When there’s this level of disinformation it’s usually agent-fueled (hard glances Mr Bilbo...).  And JW is full of crap on just one thing...   He’s on his Xbox and he KNOWS IT!   

2 minutes ago, DFT said:

‘Tis the season!  Wawrow is ultra plugged.  When there’s this level of disinformation it’s usually agent-fueled (hard glances Mr Bilbo...).  And JW is full of crap on just one thing...   He’s on his Xbox and he KNOWS IT!   

can you translate this to English?

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

can you translate this to English?

Wawrow is extremely plugged in with good contacts so if anyone knows truthfully, it’s typically him.  He doesn’t guess and shoots from the hip.  Melvin’s team is most likely spreading information to drum up interest in their client (like D Bilbo - his agent) did last year to no avail.  JW was in reference to John’s initials.  John May be on a Microsoft-driven piece of software that links to the internet, where murder, theft and rampage are not just legal, but universally celebrated.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

I'm at the point where if McD wants someone, then I do too, but I'm a believer in drafting RB's not paying a lot for them.

Singletary was under used last year, and now we have Diggs as well to demand another 70-100 targets.   Gordon is a bell cow back, wherever he goes he's going to be the RB1.   

Dont see the fit for us, hope we draft a rookie and run with him for RB2.   Also i like Senorise Perry he might surprise everyone in camp and win the 2 spot.

They did so darned well drafting RB in Devin that i have to think they can evaluate them. And I agree on two points. 

Draft one . Find another gem that fits with Singletary and the Offense Daboll wants to play with.

If we can find a Vet Rb ? I prefer short term contracts

• Like (+1) 1