We are looking at Melvin Gordon according to this tweet

20 hours ago, Mango said:

If the Bills get Gordon and Diggs this off-season, we should definitely expect more than 190 passing yards and 19 points per game.

I think with the personnel on offense we should be expecting about 25 points p/g (10-12ish) and 235 passing yards per game (20th). 

A good offensive line would go a long way to creating more points as well. People can pretend all they want but the Bills don't have one yet.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

That’s an oddly worded statement. Have you always wanted him or just since last year?

I agree with you.  Wrote it too fast.  

I wanted Gordon on this team last year during his hold out.   Was hoping for a trade.  This is even better.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Turk71 said:

A good offensive line would go a long way to creating more points as well. People can pretend all they want but the Bills don't have one yet.

What position, outside of RT which may be much improved with the maturation of Ford, would you say we could upgrade at to be “good”? I would say we have a “good” offensive line with some very good pieces.

2 minutes ago, Gambit said:

That 9m doesn't look appealing to me. Yikes if we pay him that much.

For one year, it really doesn't matter. We probably just about done with signings anyways. I'd rather give him $9 million this year than the other idea of $5 million this year and a big increase next year.

Adding Gordon would mean we have no real holes left on offense. There are questions about Allen and Ford but nothing imminent that we need to add. I still see #2 CB and edge rusher as holes so I can see us going after those in the draft. Otherwise we are set up very well to left the draft fall to us and take BPA at every pick.

• Like (+1) 4

Until I see one single, credible source about this, I don't believe it.

This Bills front office is as tight on leaks as any we've ever seen...and I'm supposed to believe that two no-name Twitter accounts above know what's happening behind the scenes?

Pshaw!

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Forgive me if I’m not overly enthused about a guy that’s only ever averaged more than 3.9 a carry ONCE in his 5 seasons. 

I’d roll with the youngster we already have. 

you need more than 1 RB and you're forgiven

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, babulator said:

I'd really like this signing. I know hes not the bell cow people would like but he'd be a great outlet for JA.

He excels in the passing game, is good with the blitz pickup, and he has a nose for the endzone.

He might not be the electric back people want, but that's why we have Singletary, right? 

They'd make a great sugar and spice combo. No reason we couldn't draft/sign a banger for inside the tackles either.

Don’t worry.  As soon as he signs, the entire board will suddenly decide he’s great.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Until I see one single, credible source about this, I don't believe it.

This Bills front office is as tight on leaks as any we've ever seen...and I'm supposed to believe that two no-name Twitter accounts above know what's happening behind the scenes?

Pshaw!

It could be Gordons people leaking in order to put pressure on another team.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Adding Gordon would mean we have no real holes left on offense. There are questions about Allen and Ford but nothing imminent that we need to add. I still see #2 CB and edge rusher as holes so I can see us going after those in the draft. Otherwise we are set up very well to left the draft fall to us and take BPA at every pick.

OL and arguably #2 CB.

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Forgive me if I’m not overly enthused about a guy that’s only ever averaged more than 3.9 a carry ONCE in his 5 seasons. 

I’d roll with the youngster we already have. 

Why get 10 TDs when you can have 2?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The only real question for me at this point would be Daboll. Can he get the job done. There's no question the tools are there, and it won't be the D that's holding us back.

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

Is the Cold Front report credible?

Parrino is very credible.  There’s definitely talks and it may lead somewhere, but I doubt the other listed stuff heavily.  Bills are clearly doing due diligence at the RB position though.  

• Like (+1) 1