We are looking at Melvin Gordon according to this tweet

21 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Rashad Higgins is one of the guys I have been clamoring for.

The Bills would then have their top four and can draft a developmental number 5 if they sign Higgins.

Man.

What do you see in Rashard Higgins?  Is he a ST ace?  His production doesn’t look like anything special.

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

What do you see in Rashard Higgins?  Is he a ST ace?  His production doesn’t look like anything special.

He can contribute as a 4th WR. That's all the Bills would be looking for out of him.

I have a good friend who is a Chargers fan & he dogs Gordon the most. Says Gordon has fumble issues, disappears for games & has a poor attitude & gives questionable effort.

From the way he goes off on Gordon, i'd rather we target someone else. However i think its all for naught as i can't imagine Beane giving Gordon the contract he's after... i just can't imagine it... (just watch Beane dishes out a Star-like contract to MG for 4 years & 36 million) haha...

Please no

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Could they not dip into this deep rookie wr class in 3rd and find a similar or better prospect?

Sure.

I am just pointing out that Higgins could be a good cheap option as a number 4 WR. Not a big deal if he comes here or not.

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I do, 18 beers in and my spelling takes a dive and I’m not the best speller sober. 

I prefer Derrik Henree who’d give us some thundar and rumbel 

I actually want no part of Gordon.  I watched a few if his games last season and he was bad.  Went down easy, fumbled and looked slow.  Ekeler was so much better, it was almost comical that they split duties when Gordon came back.

I dont think Tyrod is a good QB, but I do think Ekeler has a chance to be a top 2 fantasy RB

Just now, Estro said:

I actually want no part of Gordon.  I watched a few if his games last season and he was bad.  Went down easy, fumbled and looked slow.  Ekeler was so much better, it was almost comical that they split duties when Gordon came back.

I dont think Tyrod is a good QB, but I do think Ekeler has a chance to be a top 2 fantasy RB

Depends on if they plan on drafting a running back. I’d prefer they do that to get someone fresh with fewer miles on him.

I'm at the point where if McD wants someone, then I do too, but I'm a believer in drafting RB's not paying a lot for them.

Singletary was under used last year, and now we have Diggs as well to demand another 70-100 targets.   Gordon is a bell cow back, wherever he goes he's going to be the RB1.   

Dont see the fit for us, hope we draft a rookie and run with him for RB2.   Also i like Senorise Perry he might surprise everyone in camp and win the 2 spot.

12 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

I don’t want to tie up money in the RB position. Draft a guy and if Clowney is looking for short term deal would jump all over that.

I bet McDermott wants a veteran in the RB room though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

I've seen in numerous threads that transition from college to nfl is difficult for WR.  To those who have some degree of knowledge, how tough is it for running backs?

Pretty well accepted as the easiest position to transition to the NFL

3 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Pretty well accepted as the easiest position to transition to the NFL

If that's the case, it would seem nuts to sign a high price vet at the position, no matter how good he's been in the past. Besides the price and the culture fit, you have no idea what future production will be beyond an estimate based on past production. It would seem this is where you go to the draft to supplement Singletary.

18 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

I've seen in numerous threads that transition from college to nfl is difficult for WR.  To those who have some degree of knowledge, how tough is it for running backs?

Blocking in pass protection is typically the toughest transition from college to nfl. 

I think this is a simple yes, if we can get him for right price.  I wouldnt mind a 3yr, 22mil type contract but heavy on the incentives so maybe 3yr 15mil with 7 mil in incentives.  This is a guy teams have to worry about, and we are not asking this guy to carry the ball 300+ times.  Maybe 150 to 170 range with 20 to 40 receptions.  Him and Singletary in the backfield I'm not worried about it one bit.  When gore came in you knew he was plodding for 3 yards.  With either one of these two can break big gains.  From a strategic standpoint this would be a great addition.  Gordon, Singletary, yeldon, jones, rookie rb(akers/dillion)