We are looking at Melvin Gordon according to this tweet

Torn about whether I hope that Bills sign Gordon.  Watching him run, he has speed, quickness, runs hard and is a very good receiver out of the backfield, but on the other hand he averages less than 4 yards per carry.  I know avg per carry depends on a lot of factors including play selection, blocking, etc.

He does look like he and Singletary could be a great combination.

pass on Gordo...but I l do like me some Lamar Mille , then maybe Donta Freeman, then there is a steep drop, and sure would like to see TJ Yeldon role expanded to catch some passes, if not then cut...

the sun about to go down, its that time for Beane to make some decisions...

Edited by First Round Bust
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, DJB said:

I'd do a one year deal but nothing longer. Paying older RB long term at a high price isnt a smart decision 

He’s 26 and has fewer than 350 carries in the past two seasons combined.  Derrick Henry is the same age and had more carries than that just this season.

3 minutes ago, Billl said:

He’s 26 and has fewer than 350 carries in the past two seasons combined.  Derrick Henry is the same age and had more carries than that just this season.

D Henry has about 1400 total carries. Gordon has almost 2k. It's a huge difference when it comes to RB

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Devin Singletary is electric.  An absolute weapon, but he isn’t a workhorse in a league that doesn’t have many workhorses at that position.  

A guy like Gordon rotating in with Singletary gives us a running/receiving threat at all times out of the backfield.  With Diggs and Brown on the outside, Beasley and Knox underneath, and then a RB potentially flexing out... that’s a lot to process for the opposing defense. 

Also a QB who can bust up defenses with legs.

1 minute ago, DJB said:

D Henry has about 1400 total carries. Gordon has almost 2k. It's a huge difference when it comes to RB

Gordon has 1716 carries between college and the pros.  Henry has 1524.  That’s not a huge difference by any stretch.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If the Bills get Gordon and Diggs this off-season, we should definitely expect more than 190 passing yards and 19 points per game.

I think with the personnel on offense we should be expecting about 25 points p/g (10-12ish) and 235 passing yards per game (20th). 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Billl said:

Gordon has 1716 carries between college and the pros.  Henry has 1524.  That’s not a huge difference by any stretch.  

Fair enough.  I wasn't sure of the exact numbers. I thought it was closer to what I had stated earlier. 

Props. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1