Higgins pro day turned Bills off and led us to Diggs trade

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Benjamin Albright said something similar, that we scouted WRs that would be available with our first pick and didn't feel entirely on board with any of them. Diggs was a sure thing. Plus with OTAs and possibly training camp being delayed the rookie learning curve will be steeper than ever. I imagine that played into it.

tbh a lot of these WR's could be available in the 2nd round, thats how deep the class is this year. 

Shenault, Pittman, and even Higgens could fall into our lap

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

can put that off a year with Beasley brown and Diggs no ? 

JK Dobbins in the second ✊?✊?

Dobbins would be the ideal complement to Motor. Unfortunately the Dolphins LOVE him and will nab him with the third of their 3 first round picks. He'll be long gone by #54.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DFT said:

Well, I believe VERY differently and not really gonna divulge why or debate this one (respectfully).  I believe the move has much more to do with player-readiness in the wake of the season’s delays and it’s impact on the rookie receivers.  Just my opinion.  I’m sure we’ll learn more as we move forward.

You've already said too much.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

That doesnt follow Beane's MO.....we strongly  biult our OL through free agency and still drafted Cody Ford in the 2nd round

I think its gonna be BPA

Who is not a WR or QB or FB or TE.

Edited by Cripple Creek

I hope this is just limited to Higgins in the first. In a historically deep WR draft, it would be criminal for them to neglect to add a solid prospect through the draft. Diggs shouldn’t be all they do. 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I hope this is just limited to Higgins in the first. In a historically deep WR draft, it would be criminal for them to neglect to add a solid prospect through the draft. Diggs shouldn’t be all they do. 

Do you think that a 2-3 year stretch in the pokey is in order?

• Haha (+1) 1

I am sure it played a part. The were rumours of the Bills sniffing round Diggs around the trade deadline so I think that interest is long held. But I find it entirely credible that Higgins was the top guy on their receiver board that they thought would last until #22 and they were grappling with the question "is he worth that pick?" Because that is pretty much where I have been too. They decided there was more value in Diggs as the proven commodity. And I agree with them. 

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

You've already said too much.

Who is not a WR or QB or FB or TE.

OK...you just go ahead and forget last year if that fits your want better chief

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I am sure it played a part. The were rumours of the Bills sniffing round Diggs around the trade deadline so I think that interest is long held. But I find it entirely credible that Higgins was the top guy on their receiver board that they thought would last until #22 and they were grappling with the question "is he worth that pick?" Because that is pretty much where I have been too. They decided there was more value in Diggs as the proven commodity. And I agree with them. 

Gunner I was actually leaning Higgins to and I think they made the right decision getting Diggs

He is just too good now to hope that Higgins can be good later....I was really dissapointed that he didnt run at the combine without a injury.

41 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

OK...you just go ahead and forget last year if that fits your want better chief

John, I think your having trouble with reading comprehension again.  

Can you tell me which of these was not a big need last draft: DT, O-line, RB, TE?  Those were, if memory serves, the first 4 positions picked. 

This time around the team is much more "built" and there are positions that they most definitely will not address in the 2nd.   As a matter of fact, I feel so confident in this, chief, that if a WR or QB is drafted in round 2 by the Bills in the 2020 draft I will never again criticize your horrible takes.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

John, I think your having trouble with reading comprehension again.  

Can you tell me which of these was not a big need last draft: DT, O-line, RB, TE?  Those were, if memory serves, the first 4 positions picked. 

This time around the team is much more "built" and there are positions that they most definitely will not address in the 2nd.   As a matter of fact, I feel so confident in this, chief, that if a WR or QB is drafted in round 2 by the Bills in the 2020 draft I will never again criticize your horrible takes.

Sill living in alternate reality I see

BEFORE the draft we addressed offensive line in a big way......ALL the positions

Then

We turned around and drafted Ford in the 2nd round.....despite the fact that we aggressively addressed the offensive line BEFORE the draft

And dont give me this ***** about QB....of course we are not drafting a QB in the second way to go out on a limb there

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Sill living in alternate reality I see

BEFORE the draft we addressed offensive line in a big way......ALL the positions

Then

We turned around and drafted Ford in the 2nd round.....despite the fact that we aggressively addressed the offensive line BEFORE the draft

And dont give me this ***** about QB....of course we are not drafting a QB in the second way to go out on a limb there

Or a WR, chief. To make you feel better I'll toss in TE and FB too.  How's that, chief?  It simply will not happen.  There are 5 o linemen on the field at one time.  Sometimes six or even 7.  If you think that they fully addressed the o line in FA last off season then you are no  chief.

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

Or a WR, chief. To make you feel better I'll toss in TE and FB too.  How's that, chief?  It simply will not happen.  There are 5 o linemen on the field at one time.  Sometimes six or even 7.  If you think that they fully addressed the o line in FA last off season then you are no  chief.

I see....so because you want a O Linemen so bad you refuse to recognize the fact that while we have plenty of speed on the field.....we still dont have a lot of size at WR

If a guy like Claypool drops to our 2nd round pick......I am sure he will be in play.

.....Chief

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I see....so because you want a O Linemen so bad you refuse to recognize the fact that while we have plenty of speed on the field.....we still dont have a lot of size at WR

If a guy like Claypool drops to our 2nd round pick......I am sure he will be in play.

.....Chief

You're confused again, chief.  I don't have any desire for an offensive lineman.  It would surprise me if they took one in the second.

What I do know with 100% certainty is no WR.  

And, that's my last comment on this subject.  I'd be breaking my rule if I replied to you again on in this topic.