Higgins pro day turned Bills off and led us to Diggs trade

Beane's overriding impetus seems to be flexibility. Every one of his moves, signings, the contracts, etc seems to be based of making sure he isn't forced to make a move. They will almost certainly draft a WR, but Higgins bombing his workout would have reduced the flexibility at 22 into taking someone they may not believe to be a '22' player. Diggs in the fold means they can virtually go any direction they want on draft day. 

..and I have a hunch with the run on WR and O-line that seems to be coming that the Bills draft a defensive player

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 2

Well, I believe VERY differently and not really gonna divulge why or debate this one (respectfully).  I believe the move has much more to do with player-readiness in the wake of the season’s delays and it’s impact on the rookie receivers.  Just my opinion.  I’m sure we’ll learn more as we move forward.

• Like (+1) 6

Benjamin Albright said something similar, that we scouted WRs that would be available with our first pick and didn't feel entirely on board with any of them. Diggs was a sure thing. Plus with OTAs and possibly training camp being delayed the rookie learning curve will be steeper than ever. I imagine that played into it.

• Like (+1) 8

6 minutes ago, wppete said:

I like them both but I prefer Pittman Jr.

Can you imagine Diggs and Brown lining up outside, with Beasley running his routes from the slot, then Claypool with his 4.42 speed at almost 6'5" 238lbs running posts, corners, and seam routes? It would be absolutely impossible to cover all of them. 

• Like (+1) 8

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

So all of Beane's eggs were in the Tee Higgins basket?  Not buying it.

An opportunity to acquire Diggs presented itself and Beane jumped on it.  Simple as that.  

most likely came down to value

1,5,6 and 4 for Diggs & 7 vs 1, 2 and/or 3 for one of LAMB/RUGGS/JEUDY

pretty easy choice

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Can you imagine Diggs and Brown lining up outside, with Beasley running his routes from the slot, then Claypool with his 4.42 speed at almost 6'5" 238lbs running posts, corners, and seam routes? It would be absolutely impossible to cover all of them. 

and knox

• Like (+1) 3