Bills sign RB Taiwan Jones 1 YR

55 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Barely.

99% of kickoffs are touch backs and i think its over 65% of punts are fair catches.

Slightly slanted dork stats.  Remember when facts do not support your point make up your own stats.

NFL Team Kickoff Touchback Percentage

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/kickoff-touchback-pct

Rank Team 2019          
1 Tampa Bay 89.80%          
2 Carolina 86.84%          
3 New Orleans 78.22%          
4 LA Rams 76.47%          
5 Denver 76.39%          
6 Indianapolis 75.95%          
7 Minnesota 70.83%          
8 Washington 70.59%          
9 NY Giants 69.44%          
10 Seattle 69.15%          
11 Miami 67.12%          
12 Cincinnati 64.79%          
13 New England 63.54%          
14 Philadelphia 62.35%          
15 Kansas City 58.82%          
16 Buffalo 58.02%          
17 Green Bay 56.82%          
18 Dallas 55.43%          
19 Arizona 54.22%          
20 Atlanta 54.02%          
21 Chicago 53.73%          
22 Oakland 53.52%          
23 Baltimore 53.21%          
24 Jacksonville 51.32%          
25 Houston 50.00%          
26 San Francisco 49.57%          
27 LA Chargers 48.00%          
28 Tennessee 47.83%          
29 NY Jets 47.06%          
30 Pittsburgh 41.33%          
31 Cleveland 37.97%          
32 Detroit 31.25%          

Edited by Limeaid
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

I understand, but it's not like signing Taiwan Jones is going to hurt us.

Agreed. but saying, hes a great special teams guy doesn't carry the same weight as it used to.

17 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Slightly slanted dork stats.  Remember when facts do not support your point make up your own stats.

There are 4 special teams people that actually matter.

Punter

kicker

Long Snapper

Holder

The rest don't.

but that's not for this thread.

So after he kills us in the playoff game we bring him back...

27 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

NFL Team Kickoff Touchback Percentage

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/kickoff-touchback-pct

Rank Team 2019          
1 Tampa Bay 89.80%          
2 Carolina 86.84%          
3 New Orleans 78.22%          
4 LA Rams 76.47%          
5 Denver 76.39%          
6 Indianapolis 75.95%          
7 Minnesota 70.83%          
8 Washington 70.59%          
9 NY Giants 69.44%          
10 Seattle 69.15%          
11 Miami 67.12%          
12 Cincinnati 64.79%          
13 New England 63.54%          
14 Philadelphia 62.35%          
15 Kansas City 58.82%          
16 Buffalo 58.02%          
17 Green Bay 56.82%          
18 Dallas 55.43%          
19 Arizona 54.22%          
20 Atlanta 54.02%          
21 Chicago 53.73%          
22 Oakland 53.52%          
23 Baltimore 53.21%          
24 Jacksonville 51.32%          
25 Houston 50.00%          
26 San Francisco 49.57%          
27 LA Chargers 48.00%          
28 Tennessee 47.83%          
29 NY Jets 47.06%          
30 Pittsburgh 41.33%          
31 Cleveland 37.97%          
32 Detroit 31.25%          

The Bills kicked short intentionally a lot because they were pretty adept at tackling people inside the 20.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss him.   The guy has heart and has an edge about him.   Fearless and committed.   Good enough athlete.   A Chris Hogan type.   He's a guy McDermott can fall in love with.   He's like a wrestler.  

Agreed! He was the guy taking a helmet to helmet hit without a helmet against the Chargers. 

3 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t think it’s a throwaway or bad signing at all. But they need to use him as a player as well as special teams I guess should have been my statement earlier. Not as a strictly special teams guy. Unlike Perry Jones can take a couple carries or catches. I’m not asking for much lol 5-8 snaps a game. Just a different look for opposing defenses. It was maddening last season. 

Gotcha.  He might get a few touches, but I think they will bring in a different back to work the majority of time with Singletary.  Once that guy is brought in Jones' likely role won't bother you as much.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Gotcha.  He might get a few touches, but I think they will bring in a different back to work the majority of time with Singletary.  Once that guy is brought in Jones' likely role won't bother you as much.

I expect a rookie or Carlos Hyde kinda guy to takeover gores touches. I just want 3 active who can all play when needed. It was too predictable with just Gore and singletary. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

And when called on your made up stats try to redirect conversation elsewhere.

Sure. I didn't look, but from every game i watched, it was a touch back or a penalty on return. I was making a general statement on the internet, on a message board, you got me, congrats... i guess. You should go tell everyone you know.

If you have a bad punter or kicker your specials teams will suck, if they are good , your ST will be good. end of story

14 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I expect a rookie or Carlos Hyde kinda guy to takeover gores touches. I just want 3 active who can all play when needed. It was too predictable with just Gore and singletary. 

Seems like Yeldon got short changed for some reason.

4 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

And that’s good news. But we still need more than 2 running backs active who can take a carry. Jones is an upgrade over Perry cause he can play offensive snaps. Just saying they need to use more than singletary and another back. We learned this last year. Yeldon isn’t CMC but he should of been active to change things up 

The draft has not happened yet. Plenty of good backs in rounds 2-5.

This is a ST move, 3 phases. And T Jones had a pretty big play in the payoffs.....

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

PJ Walker and Cam Phillips?

Cam Phillips Balled out in the XFL!

12 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

The draft has not happened yet. Plenty of good backs in rounds 2-5.

This is a ST move, 3 phases. And T Jones had a pretty big play in the payoffs.....

I’m aware of what it is. I never said it was a bad signing. The point was they had 3 active running backs all season, but only 2 played offense. Jones can play some snaps so I hope they mix him in even if it’s limited snaps. I don’t think he’s the backup or nothing silly for singletary. Just need to mix that third back in for new looks for opposing defenses. I fully know who jones is and what he brings. 

13 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m aware of what it is. I never said it was a bad signing. The point was they had 3 active running backs all season, but only 2 played offense. Jones can play some snaps so I hope they mix him in even if it’s limited snaps. I don’t think he’s the backup or nothing silly for singletary. Just need to mix that third back in for new looks for opposing defenses. I fully know who jones is and what he brings. 

Cool, you seemed really down on the addition. I can envision Singletary, RB Draft pick, Jones as the 3 RB and see ya later Yeldon and Perry.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t like these special teams specific signings. So Jones is going to be active while Yeldon or an actual running back sits every week? They better at least utilize him in the offense a few snaps 

They don't care if you like them or not.  They are smart moves.  Get with the program

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t like these special teams specific signings. So Jones is going to be active while Yeldon or an actual running back sits every week? They better at least utilize him in the offense a few snaps 

I think Jones is a better RB than Yeldon.